Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2015, 09:27 PM

Dadx5 is on a distinguished road
Default any suggestions on wording?

I am doing an amended motion to change and asking for supervised access or in the alternative small blocks of unsupervised access.

I currently have an order that i am to have my daughter for all aboriginal events and teachings. I would like this order to continue as this is still extremely important for her, however if her mother is only getting limited access how can I word it without it sounding like I am trying to interfere with their time. I have no problem with giving make up time on any other day.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:05 PM

Rioe will become famous soon enough

How about:

"Should one of daughter's aboriginal events occur on mom-time, then daughter will attend the event and the time will be made up on an empty evening of mom's choosing that week."
Old 05-31-2015, 10:19 PM

stripes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rioe View Post
How about:

"Should one of daughter's aboriginal events occur on mom-time, then daughter will attend the event and the time will be made up on an empty evening of mom's choosing that week."
I would lock it up even tighter:

"Should[list of aboriginal events and teachings] be scheduled in a day when Kid is normally with Mom, Kid shall attend[list of events] with Dad. Dad's time will commence one hour before the scheduled event and Kid will be returned to Mom at a location of her choosing within one hour of the end of the event. Dad shall give Mom not less than three days notice before the event. Mom shall have equivalent make-up time with Kid in the seven days following the event, with exact scheduling to be determined at Mom and Dad's mutual convenience".
Old 05-31-2015, 10:23 PM

Dadx5 is on a distinguished road

those are great suggestions. Now my understanding though is that access centres will not allow us to just add a day one week? How could I offer her make up time within the supervised access requirement? If she is able to get unsupervised access then I will do as stripes suggests, but if I am able to get unsupervised access?
Old 06-01-2015, 08:48 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enough
Default any suggestions on wording?

Tack on to the last sentence "or scheduled at the earliest available date with XXX supervised access centre."

Or what about splitting the time unsupervised over several days? Say the activity is six hours long, split it three hours on two days? Then she could possibly pick her up from school, have dinner with her and then bring her home?