Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2006, 01:29 AM

god knows the truth will become famous soon enough

you know, here it is 1:20 in the morning and I cannot sleep. I did a quick glance through the posts/threads and something just grabbed at my heart; how WRONG so much of this is . Good parents not seeing their flesh and blood, (their children), financial corruption, anxiety, a legal game of "how can we drag more money from these hurting,pathetically trusting prople", among soooo much more. It's really saddening -honestly my heart is breaking for everyone, myself included, right now.
I know I sound totally pessimistic but it's insane when you think we live in a country with the best legal system in the world. It drives me nuts when my mother, in her sweet attempt at comfort and support, says this, I usually retort with" well, I'd hate to see the worst" this is barbaric.
There's an huge amount of good people on this forum-I hear it in the posts- and look what's being endured unnecessarily.
The worst part is that the children are feeling this, no matter how much you try to shelter them. It's so wrong . These are innocent little souls who just want to enjoy life but are subjected to vengefulness, power and greed by thier own parent. It's so wrong!!!!
Old 01-29-2006, 01:58 AM

bearall is on a distinguished road

Godknows
you are bang on with your post. Move-aways are the worst of the worst in the fallout of broken families and the destructive aftermath.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:48 AM

Decent Dad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by god knows the truth
you know, here it is 1:20 in the morning and I cannot sleep. I did a quick glance through the posts/threads and something just grabbed at my heart; how WRONG so much of this is . Good parents not seeing their flesh and blood, (their children), financial corruption, anxiety, a legal game of "how can we drag more money from these hurting,pathetically trusting prople", among soooo much more. It's really saddening -honestly my heart is breaking for everyone, myself included, right now.
The worst part is that the children are feeling this, no matter how much you try to shelter them. It's so wrong . These are innocent little souls who just want to enjoy life but are subjected to vengefulness, power and greed by thier own parent. It's so wrong!!!!
Hey... now you are starting to sound like me...

Only through legislative reform can this be fixed.

Last edited by Jeff; 01-29-2006 at 03:07 PM.
Old 01-29-2006, 05:34 PM

With all due respect, no I'm not sounding like you. I'm upset b/c of the children, I'm not anti-gender. I never chose a certain gender on this forum to help or reject, I'll give my amateur, unbiased opinion to whomever needs it. No offense to you, and I know you're trying to get a reality check across to the men but there good decent women on this forum who have been shagged around quite abit----does the saying "the person with the most money wins" ring a bell? Alot of us women have vengeful ex's who are using money( in my case, his mommy's money) to break us. I was the one who made the money, I was the one who was with the children in the daytime and worked nights (to be with them), I paid for the babysitters, living on 4 hours sleep, I'm the one who took them to karate and baseball etc. I'm the one who has owned two houses since 2000 and have had to cash both in, all relevant to this court nonsense. I don't make that kind of money anymore, I would have died of exaustion at that rate, yet after all of this, I'm no better off, he remains vengeful, it continues on.
That being said, I still don't classify all men in the same boat. I'm not naive to pain and strive,I won't get into more detail but it seems mine doesn't end.
I hear where you're coming from but don't be biased to women alot of us good, no GREAT (ha) ones are living with anguish on some days, hurt on others, and survival on the rest, all the while maintaining a happy, everything's wonderful attitude for the children.
I think under your harsh exterior there is a nice person inside, you're just very hurt, in awe at how 'tied' you feel, like no one is listening and no one cares, well, welcome to my world and probably 99.99 of the other people on this forum who moms and dads.
Good luck to you
Old 01-29-2006, 05:40 PM

Aden is on a distinguished road
Default Thank you

Thanks for the support..
I am going to try and call again tonite to see if I can hear from our little boy..its been ten days..I need to hear his voice...it would be such a blessing to hear him....I am going through quite a time right now..I am still not bitter with my ex at all....dissapointed at the cirumstances regarding our kids yes....but not angry with her.. she`s a good Mom..I believe she`s being advised....as such.
She always said he could call me no matter what..I don`t get it...
Thank you..it has been terrible for us both..neither of us wanted this to happen and we did not want to lose our home at all..it has been very sad..we both loved and still do I am sure our family..our kids...She is a good Mom..she`s hurting too....
Thank you...
Aden
Old 01-29-2006, 06:25 PM

Did you lose custody?
Old 01-29-2006, 06:31 PM

Sorry... my question was to God Knows. Also, did you lose 50-50 access? Just wondering. Not trying to pick a fight here (which apparently happens when you ask questions here).
Old 01-29-2006, 06:44 PM

Put it this way, there's been custody by both of us and the saga continues.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:43 PM

ladyluck is on a distinguished road

So sharing custody?

Not to pry at all, we are just all interested in your wellbeing!
Old 02-01-2006, 11:43 PM

I'm not sure where this 'fits' in so I hope somrone who can help, recognizes this sore thumb i.e. out of place . Anyway, can someonetell me a link or tell me how/where to get a link relavant to Breach of Fudiciary duty--It's like a dirty secret that isn't verbalized or written anywhere---at least I can't find it.
Also, my ex was ordered to get a life insurance through his work, in case of his death. He has left it in his will that his sister-in-law is to give it to children, at her discretion. Considering right now I'm in the driver's seat--operative words, right now--- I sdhould have domain over that . Is this normal protocol, or is it out of line. He's just beiong a jerk, but I don't want to keep tabs on his sister-in-laws's whereabouts for the next 20+years-that's ludacris. Can he legally do this? Also I wouldn't want the kids to have that amount of money at 18years of age; I'd want them to be settlled and living a decent lifestyle.
Anyway, I'd really appreciate ANY input on these two topicsa. Much appreciate it . Thanks
Closed Thread