Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2014, 02:14 PM

mememe is on a distinguished road
Red face Another Request for filing Late

so:
[*] we have had a case conference; settlement conference; and now we are going to trial conference[*] for each one they have requested a late filing[*] We agree to it....hope that looks good in court but it is to my disadvantage as my lawyer and I do not have time to look at it properly[*] excuses even with extension: the fax broke[*] I am thinking we add this to our next brief when we go to trial (yes I say that firmly as they have not demonstrated any interest in settling or meeting us or getting their financials in order

I want to add in our trial brief, that we will not be accepting any late documentation.

Anyone been in this situation? What did you do?
Old 03-24-2014, 03:17 PM

mememe is on a distinguished road

Next update---and I need to know is it me and my lawyer or them

they claim they will get me the brief, but if we don't give them the late filing they will .... whatever..

The Big Question Is: conference dates

They were informed in January of the conference date, and it appears, for this one we did not contact them first. Could they not have contacted my lawyer and say that date doesn't work and we would change it? In their correspondence they say that the lawyer was away last week? They knew in January!!!!

I will try and find out, and it only makes sense that dates can be changed but:

Can a trial conference date be changed???