Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2006, 08:28 PM

Grace has a spectacular aura aboutGrace has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearall
It is all so scripted it is sickening,
Bearall,

High road is always the best to take. Don't get caught up in the game of who can throw the most mud and see what sticks. I'm with you that it is all so scripted, especially once the lawyers do their legalese rewrites to support case law, you left scratching your head.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:36 AM

Decent Dad is an unknown quantity at this point

Grace is right on. Always be very cool and calm. The judge does not want to read 50 pages of rambling how you and your ex marriage fell apart and how she is a b*tch.

Also, it doesn't hurt to agree (slightly) with one or two of her statements. It shows that you are reasonable.

For example:

Lets says the ex states "On Tuesday May 10, 2004, big-mean-dad yelled at me and I was upset. Obvisouly we cannot co-parent, because big-mean-dad is scares me"

You may want to say "Not true" or you could say something like "Divorce is difficult on both parties and a time of high emotion. On one occassion there may have been some tension during a transition where both parents were agitated and upset. I would like to avoid this in the future. Perhaps a solution would be to transition at daycare"

Or something like that... just a thought.
Closed Thread