Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2017, 02:11 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

maintenance enforcement agencies have a step-by-step process of enforcement. You should be able to find the information online.

Usually the first action is a support deduction order and a personal property registry/lien.
Old 02-01-2017, 02:56 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
maintenance enforcement agencies have a step-by-step process of enforcement. You should be able to find the information online.

Usually the first action is a support deduction order and a personal property registry/lien.

FRO only does support. I have a feeling Stillbreathing and my partner are looking for recovery of asset splits/equalization awards. We have to find a lawyer that can initiate filing a lien against property.
Old 02-01-2017, 03:47 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

ok, court costs aren't child support. It was my understanding that FRO only does child support.

FRO may be able to collect costs as child support in disguise if the courts permit so. Which doesn't sound quite right to me at first glance. Child support and costs are completely separate issues.

If your order doesn't say it is collectible through FRO, then I am not sure whether FRO can do anything for you.

I think you need some sort of a certificate of your costs from the courts, which you can then forward to collection agencies, which would have to take the party to court to collect.

Last edited by trinton; 02-01-2017 at 03:49 PM.
Old 02-01-2017, 04:04 PM

Beachnana is on a distinguished road

Not sure how the costs were ordered as they were, but I think it was the judge who suggested that the cost be considered a instance of child support, therefore FRO collected on them.

Of course not being in the court room, in fact no one was as it was all done very quickly with judge making a few comments and a settlement being reach, so not sure who put that sentence in or who did not ask for it to be taken out. But it was there and it worked. Costs were more than the arrears lol. Which by the way he has elected to take 2 years to repay.
Old 02-01-2017, 04:25 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

All my orders for SS & costs included a paragraph that collection to be paid to and enforced by maintenance enforcement.

Property and other assets WITH COURT ORDER (check out your provincial court website).
Old 02-01-2017, 04:28 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Youre with MEP. They are leaps and bounds ahead of FRO
Old 02-01-2017, 04:55 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachnana View Post
l Which by the way he has elected to take 2 years to repay.
Were you surprised? A lot of the times they max up loans and credit cards to pay it off and then file for bankruptcy.

I don't blame them. Government orders them to some one else's legal fees and they turn around and make the government pay for it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk