Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2016, 11:38 AM

Paulamichelle is on a distinguished road

He claims he tried and it would be to expensive because he had cancer when we where first married ! Also it would involve talking to him which I won't and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't do it ,he tried to get one on me which I thought odd but I agreed to let him ,it was declined of course because I am sick .yes the tax issues are complicated for him my support just cost him less tax and he got monster returns ,I doubt I will be ever going back unless my current partner desires to turf me and after all this he says he would be afraid too lol ,I also receive CPP disabilaty which is not taxed so I'm going to need to be carefull .Im really concerned that my Ex will now just refuse work for the next few years to lower his income ,he did this during our separation ,I often have gone months without support because he's off hunting ! In three years his income more than doubled his expenses reduced and yet he claims to have only saved 5000.$ so hopefully he hid it because the alternative is he 'consumed' it .I don't know what will happen now if he chooses to reduce his income and I end up with a huge arrears ,the reality is if he had to pay arrears for the last 45 months it would have been 70,000$ or 19,000$ for the last year and he didn't have to pay either which I was a bit surprised by ,but I am not too concerned about it as it would have only made him even madder .I do not ever want to go to court again ,I made every effort to make my marriage work for years before I left I told him when our son went to college I would leave to if things didn't change ,his comment was "I didn't think you had the energy to do it and I knew you didn't have any money " he also said "I would do anything for anyone but for some reason I enjoyed giving you a hard time " .Im not sure what I did wrong I don't have any close relationships with men other than my own son and frankly I don't understand them ,I'm far from perfect but I do try hard ,my current relationship is filled with challenges even the strongest of relationships would be hard pressed to endure ,hopefully the one big hurdle with this trial being over will now give me the time to used my limited resources loving and caring for my dear partner he is a very hard working dairy farmer and in the 8 years we have been together he has not had one day off ,I'm hoping I can use my money to contribute to increasing the one part time helpers hours so he can have a life with me maybe even a holiday and a trip to the dentist things most of our friends take for granted ,that said I need to make sure my own future is secure as it's doubtful I will ever be self sufficient so we will see ,I'm not a quitter ,a liar or a loser I just made bad choices
Old 12-05-2016, 02:36 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Best thing to do is make sure you are registered with FRO/maintenance enforcement agency. (If he dies his estate would owe FRO).

Hope things improve for you in the future.
Old 12-05-2016, 03:03 PM

hopefull is on a distinguished road

OP....I don't know your ex and yes he might be a piece of work. However, how a person handles their separation / divorce is always a good indication of what can happen again should things go South when in a new relationship.

Am always curious of this during dating

Tags
srl won