Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2015, 07:29 PM

Beachnana is on a distinguished road

I did say that earlier post. No agreement in place so you just take your regular schedule. What is,that now? Every other weekend, Wed and a supper on Friday?
Old 12-22-2015, 07:44 PM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

I tried that route Beach. Ex would have none of it.

So I had to make a decision. A series of back-and-forth disagreements ...right before trial ... or take my lumps, document and bring to court where something can actually be done about it. I chose the latter.
I can't wait until a final order is laid out. The judge will easily see that sole or joint is possible with my flexibility, being reasonable, and willingness to involve ex in D4's life. If I get into an email battle, she calls police, etc... then "both" of us are being .. Ummm. .. jack holes. Lol....I'm comfortable heading into trial with just her being one.
Old 12-22-2015, 07:59 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingFather32 View Post
I tried that route Beach. Ex would have none of it.

So I had to make a decision. A series of back-and-forth disagreements ...right before trial ... or take my lumps, document and bring to court where something can actually be done about it. I chose the latter.
I can't wait until a final order is laid out. The judge will easily see that sole or joint is possible with my flexibility, being reasonable, and willingness to involve ex in D4's life. If I get into an email battle, she calls police, etc... then "both" of us are being .. Ummm. .. jack holes. Lol....I'm comfortable heading into trial with just her being one.
very good. Best not to get drawn into a battle with her. You already know that she will never be reasonable to you so best to let the court decide what goes on in the future.
Old 12-22-2015, 11:40 PM

Rioe will become famous soon enough

I'm on day 2 of what feels like my longest period without the kids ever. I was really surprised when my ex wanted them three nights in a row. I get them back Christmas Eve.

I've been kid-free Christmas shopping like crazy, at last, and trying not to think of the fact that they'll be seeing Star Wars with him. I tried to take them this past weekend and they told me no, he already said he was taking them! It's so not fair. It's not like he didn't go see it already on opening night. So I'm supposed to go alone??
Old 12-23-2015, 12:43 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

I'll go with you Rioe.

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-23-2015, 09:33 AM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

Lol Rioe... I have never watched any of the starwars movies and really have no desire too.

We picked up the kids Friday and have them until boxing day... then they go to their mom's until they start school again. Boxing day is going to be hard for me... we miss our next scheduled weekend with them, which is January 1st because of how their holiday schedule works, which means we won't have them until January 15th... unfortunately that weekend I am out of town for work... it is going to be 5 weeks until I see them again

At least they will get a weekend full of Dad time

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
Old 12-23-2015, 09:57 AM

good_mom is on a distinguished road

Rio, what? “It’s not fair.” Kids are having time with dad and enjoying it that's what counts. Star wars is more of a guy thing so what he going twice. He wanted to share this with the kids. Most women are not big Star wars fans, most did not have the toys, most dad’s will want to share this part of their childhood with their own kids as that generation were the beginning of the of Star wars era.

Not fair is...kids not seeing parents 50/50 because other parent fights this.

Not fair is...kids being alienated to the point of hating a parent.

Not far is...kids being moved fare away from their other parent.
Old 12-23-2015, 10:27 AM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by good_mom View Post
[COLOR=#767676][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]Rio, what? “It’s not fair.” Kids are having time with dad and enjoying it that's what counts. Star wars is more of a guy thing so what he going twice. He wanted to share this with the kids. Most women are not big Star wars fans, most did not have the toys, most dad’s will want to share this part of their childhood with their own kids as that generation were the beginning of the of Star wars era.

How incredibly sexist. No, I don't necessarily think it's unfair that one parents takes them and it's not her, however for reasons that have nothing to do with gender. Not to mention he'd have known she was a fan and likely to want to take them.
Old 12-23-2015, 10:29 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

(I'm female and I LOVE Star Wars. My girlfriends do as well. I also like Jackie Chan movies and most Sylvester Stalone movies and look forward to seeing the new one. In fact I enjoy most "action" type movies. Of course Daniel Craig is pretty dreamy and I have asked Santa for a poster).

I don't know why parents can't simply share the Christmas holidays 50/50 with each other.
Old 12-23-2015, 11:51 AM

good_mom is on a distinguished road

I did not say that OP was not a fan.

In regards to my remark. Do read. Mot sure if I'm posting the link correctly but I'm sure I will be advised if I did not.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/oct/26/star-wars-the-force-awakens-jj-abrams-average-fan