Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2017, 10:04 AM

Chris100 is on a distinguished road
Default 18 year old daughter gone to university

Hello friends, I'm new here and I have a question for you. My daughter has started university this month and I do pay child support for her. I wanted to know when she is done in April or May and goes back home to live with her mom , do I still pay for support? She lives on campus in London and I don't have a problem paying for her when she is in school but when she goes home for 4 months and school is on a break, do I still pay? Or do I start paying again when she goes back in September again? Thank you.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:49 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

You shouldnt be paying child support while she is away at school as you contribute to her living expenses as section 7. You do pay child support while she is at home during the summer.

Alternatively, if you pay cs throughout the year you can advise your ex you will not be contributing to the living/food expenses.