User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Reference

Reference Important threads

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2014, 03:13 PM

FWB is an unknown quantity at this point

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> (2) The parties will share equally the costs of the divorce.
42. AGREEMENT TO PREVAIL
This agreement prevails over any matter that is provided for:
(i) in the Family Law Act, the Divorce Act, the Succession Law Reform Act, or any other relevant statute or law of Ontario or any other jurisdiction; and
(ii) any subsequent domestic contract between one of the parties and another person,
where this agreement makes provision for such matter.
43. JOINT PREPARATION OF AGREEMENT
Each party personally and/or by his or her lawyer has participated in the preparation of this agreement. It must be construed as if the parties were joint authors, and it will not be construed against one party as if that party or that party's lawyer were the sole or major author of the agreement.
44. PROPER LAW
The proper law of this agreement is the law of Ontario.
45. SEVERABILITY OF TERMS
Except as otherwise provided, all of the terms of this agreement are severable from each other and will survive the invalidity of any other term of this agreement.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> 48. GENERAL
(1) The husband and wife will each execute any documents required to give effect to the terms and intent of this agreement.
(2) There are no representations, collateral agreements, warranties or conditions affecting this agreement.
(3) This agreement may be amended only by a further agreement in writing and witnessed.
(4) If any provision of any statute of any jurisdiction invalidates or voids this agreement, or any amendments to it, as a domestic contract, it is the intention of the parties that each provision of this agreement or any amendments to it be construed as a separate contract under ordinary contract law and enforceable as such.
90 Day Trial Cohabitation Clause‑Single Period of 90 Days
49. NINETY‑DAY TRIAL COHABITATION

If at any future time, the husband and wife, with their mutual consent, cohabit as husband and wife for a single period of less than ninety days, with reconciliation as the primary purpose of the cohabitation, the terms of this agreement will not be affected except as provided in this paragraph. If the husband and the wife, with their mutual consent, cohabit as husband and wife for a period of more than ninety days, with reconciliation as the primary purpose of the cohabitation, the terms of this agreement will become void, except that
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->
Old 01-05-2014, 03:14 PM

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> nothing in this paragraph will affect or invalidate any payment, conveyance or act made or done pursuant to the terms of this agreement.
90 Day Trial Cohabitation Clause‑A period or periods totalling
no more than 90 Days
50. NINETY‑DAY TRIAL COHABITATION
If at any future time, the husband and wife, with their mutual consent, cohabit as husband and wife for a period or periods totalling no more than ninety days, with reconciliation as the primary purpose of the cohabitation, the terms of this agreement will not be affected except as provided in this paragraph. If the husband and the wife, with their mutual consent, cohabit as husband and wife for a period or periods totalling more than ninety days, with reconciliation as the primary purpose of the cohabitation, the terms of this agreement will become void, except that nothing in this paragraph will affect or invalidate any payment, conveyance or act made or done pursuant to the terms of this agreement.
51. INDEPENDENT LEGAL ADVICE AND FINANCIAL DISCLOSURE
The husband and wife each acknowledges that he or she:
(i) has had independent legal advice;
(ii) has read the agreement in its entirety and has full knowledge of the contents;
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> (iii) understands his or her respective rights and obligations under this agreement, the nature of this agreement and the consequences of this agreement;
(iv) has made full and complete disclosure of his or her financial circumstances to the other, including but not limited to his or her income, assets, debts or other liabilities;
(v) acknowledges that the terms of this agreement are fair and reasonable;
(vi) is entering into this agreement without any undue influence, fraud or coercion whatsoever; and
(vii) is signing this agreement voluntarily.
Alternate Clause‑Where parties do not wish to have counsel
(1) The husband and wife each acknowledge that he or she:
(i) has read this agreement in full before affixing his or her signature hereto, and acknowledge that he or she fully understands the nature and effect of this agreement; and
(2) The parties acknowledge and declare that they acknowledge and declare the option and opportunity to seek independent legal advice with respect to the terms of this agreement.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->
Old 01-05-2014, 03:15 PM

(3) The parties acknowledge and declare that it is their wish to enter into this agreement without the benefit of independent legal advice and acknowledge and declare that the terms of this agreement correctly set out their wishes and intentions.
52. COSTS
The husband and wife will each pay his or her own legal fees and disbursements incurred by him or her in the negotiation and preparation of this agreement.
53. EXECUTION
TO EVIDENCE THEIR AGREEMENT, the husband and wife have each signed this agreement under seal.
SIGNED, SEALED AND DELIVERED
On the ____day of ____________, 20XX

_________________________ ____________________________
Signature of Witness Wife (Full Legal Name)

__________________________ ____________________________
Signature of Witness Husband (Full Legal Name)

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> CERTIFICATE OF INDEPENDENT LEGAL ADVICE
OF THE HUSBAND

I, ______________________, of the ____ of _______, Barrister & Solicitor, HEREBY CERTIFY that I was consulted in my professional capacity by __________________, named in this agreement, dated the ______ day of ___________, 20XX, as to his obligations and rights under this agreement. I acted solely for him and explained fully to him the nature and effect of the agreement and he did this day acknowledge and declare that he fully understood its nature and effect and did execute it in my presence. He acknowledged and declared and it appeared to me that he was executing the agreement of his own volition and without fear, threats, compulsion or influence by __________________ or any other person.
DATED this day of ,20XX.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->
Old 01-05-2014, 03:17 PM

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->
CERTIFICATE OF INDEPENDENT LEGAL ADVICE
OF THE WIFE

I, ____________________, of the ____ of _______, Barrister & Solicitor, HEREBY CERTIFY that I was consulted in my professional capacity by __________________, named in this agreement, dated the ______ day of ___________, 20XX, as to her obligations and rights under this contract. I acted solely for her and explained fully to her the nature and effect of the agreement and she did this day acknowledge and declare that she fully understood its nature and effect and did execute it in my presence. He acknowledged and declared and it appeared to me that she was executing the agreement of her own volition and without fear, threats, compulsion or influence by __________________ or any other person.

DATED this day of ,20XX.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> DATED:

"husband"

- and -

"wife"

SEPARATION AGREEMENT

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->
Old 01-05-2014, 03:18 PM

****That's all of it folks****

Hope it serves as help for some of you!

Stay Blessed

FWB
Old 01-05-2014, 03:31 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

If I were "the wife" I could rent/lease the home out as long as I let you know?
Old 01-05-2014, 03:53 PM

....in the first post, there was this line

Quote:
It can be tweaked to your own particular situation, but it covers most areas
Old 01-05-2014, 03:56 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the clarification.

I noted the 90 day reconciliation. I can't fathom going back with my ex for 1 minute let alone 90 days! I guess it's not unusual though. Bad habits are hard to quit they say.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:31 PM

baldclub is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FWB View Post
....in the first post, there was this line
I was just about to post that template when I saw you had already done it. Thanks FWB.
Old 07-15-2014, 03:14 PM

Luddite is on a distinguished road

FYI according to my lawyer anyway, SA's don't seem to hold a lot of water regardless.

Just a thought.
Closed Thread