User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Reference

Reference Important threads

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2014, 10:39 AM

OntarioMomma is on a distinguished road
Default Case Law Topics

I thought it might be helpful to start threads in this area with links to good case lase on different topics. I see good case law posted often, but it gets lost in other threads, this could be a great resource for a lot of people.

Headings could include things like:

50/50 Access
Joint/Sole Custody
Undue Hardship
etc etc

If there's enough interest perhaps one of the senior members would be willing to make some headings?
Old 01-15-2015, 10:12 AM

HappyMomma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntarioMomma View Post
I thought it might be helpful to start threads in this area with links to good case lase on different topics. I see good case law posted often, but it gets lost in other threads, this could be a great resource for a lot of people.

Headings could include things like:

50/50 Access
Joint/Sole Custody
Undue Hardship
etc etc

If there's enough interest perhaps one of the senior members would be willing to make some headings?
I think that's a great idea!
Old 04-16-2015, 02:43 PM

Full_Plate is on a distinguished road

I've been / was receiving S S. X was to retire in 5 years. But now the X has taken early retirement, after 2 years of our settlement. With my age and health in 5 years the material change would have been ok for my life style at 70. Losing the existing support (X stopped paying Support at the end of 2014.) I will have to give up the home next year. Much sooner than I had hoped to.

I'm looking for Case Studies, that I can go to court with. To have the Support continued and fairly corrected. My Lawyer past away shortly after the settlement and I will have to do my own legal work now.

I have asked F R O for help and at some point I should hear from them!

Any INFO would be a help!

TKU
Full_Plate
Old 04-16-2015, 02:49 PM

HappyMomma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Plate View Post
I've been / was receiving S S. X was to retire in 5 years. But now the X has taken early retirement, after 2 years of our settlement. With my age and health in 5 years the material change would have been ok for my life style at 70. Losing the existing support (X stopped paying Support at the end of 2014.) I will have to give up the home next year. Much sooner than I had hoped to.

I'm looking for Case Studies, that I can go to court with. To have the Support continued and fairly corrected. My Lawyer past away shortly after the settlement and I will have to do my own legal work now.

I have asked F R O for help and at some point I should hear from them!

Any INFO would be a help!

TKU
Full_Plate
You need to start a new thread for this

I'm not expert on SS but from everything I've read on here, I doubt your ex will be able to stop paying you just because they decided to retire early. It doesn't work like that.

Good luck.