Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums (http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/)
-   Reference (http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f20/)
-   -   Case Law Topics (http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f20/case-law-topics-18406/)

OntarioMomma 12-15-2014 09:39 AM

Case Law Topics

I thought it might be helpful to start threads in this area with links to good case lase on different topics. I see good case law posted often, but it gets lost in other threads, this could be a great resource for a lot of people.

Headings could include things like:

50/50 Access
Joint/Sole Custody
Undue Hardship
etc etc

If there's enough interest perhaps one of the senior members would be willing to make some headings?

HappyMomma 01-15-2015 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OntarioMomma (Post 187588)
I thought it might be helpful to start threads in this area with links to good case lase on different topics. I see good case law posted often, but it gets lost in other threads, this could be a great resource for a lot of people.

Headings could include things like:

50/50 Access
Joint/Sole Custody
Undue Hardship
etc etc

If there's enough interest perhaps one of the senior members would be willing to make some headings?

I think that's a great idea!

Full_Plate 04-16-2015 01:43 PM

I've been / was receiving S S. X was to retire in 5 years. But now the X has taken early retirement, after 2 years of our settlement. With my age and health in 5 years the material change would have been ok for my life style at 70. Losing the existing support (X stopped paying Support at the end of 2014.) I will have to give up the home next year. Much sooner than I had hoped to.

I'm looking for Case Studies, that I can go to court with. To have the Support continued and fairly corrected. My Lawyer past away shortly after the settlement and I will have to do my own legal work now.

I have asked F R O for help and at some point I should hear from them!

Any INFO would be a help!

TKU
Full_Plate

HappyMomma 04-16-2015 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Full_Plate (Post 193760)
I've been / was receiving S S. X was to retire in 5 years. But now the X has taken early retirement, after 2 years of our settlement. With my age and health in 5 years the material change would have been ok for my life style at 70. Losing the existing support (X stopped paying Support at the end of 2014.) I will have to give up the home next year. Much sooner than I had hoped to.

I'm looking for Case Studies, that I can go to court with. To have the Support continued and fairly corrected. My Lawyer past away shortly after the settlement and I will have to do my own legal work now.

I have asked F R O for help and at some point I should hear from them!

Any INFO would be a help!

TKU
Full_Plate

You need to start a new thread for this :)

I'm not expert on SS but from everything I've read on here, I doubt your ex will be able to stop paying you just because they decided to retire early. It doesn't work like that.

Good luck.