Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Domestic Violence

Domestic Violence Dealing with abuse and violence. Getting support and help.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2009, 01:36 AM

helplessDad is on a distinguished road

I also have a very aggressive wife (still not "EX" yet). I totally understand where you are coming from. my wife's family is destroying us as well.

every time I get hit, bitten, or kicked, I take pictures of the bruises on my body. so if she accuses me of being abusive, I can at least prove I was the one who was being abused.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:42 PM

canniiee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by helplessDad View Post
I also have a very aggressive wife (still not "EX" yet). I totally understand where you are coming from. my wife's family is destroying us as well.

every time I get hit, bitten, or kicked, I take pictures of the bruises on my body. so if she accuses me of being abusive, I can at least prove I was the one who was being abused.
I would highly suggest that you take pictures and file police reports as these things happen, you should also end your relationship, its not healthy one bit. My ex, as much as he is a good Dad to my kids, was controlling and very negative towards me, and now I am in a healthy and happy relationship and I can't even express just how amazing it is.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:07 AM

singledad99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by canniiee View Post
I would highly suggest that you take pictures and file police reports as these things happen, you should also end your relationship, its not healthy one bit. My ex, as much as he is a good Dad to my kids, was controlling and very negative towards me, and now I am in a healthy and happy relationship and I can't even express just how amazing it is.
I second that. Most victims(men or women) believe that the abuse is actually their fault or that the abusive person will change. If police is not solution to your problem then insist that she gets some help. If she refuses to do that, she is not the one for you - you deserve better!
Old 10-21-2009, 11:34 PM

dadtotheend will become famous soon enoughdadtotheend will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by representingself View Post
Ignorant??? HA!

It is NEVER ok to hit a woman...

If she was attacking you, you walk away, or call the police.

It is not ok that you suffered abuse either, but that doesn't excuse "hitting her back".

Easy for you to say. I got hit too, the shit kicked out of me a FEW times and I'm 6' 2" 230 lbs. And after getting slapped around a few dozen times, a little self defence is not unreasonable.

Please don't try that crap about it's never OK. You have no idea. Too bad it gets totally twisted into abuse when the reality was that I (and the guy who started this thread) was getting abused.

There's no question that the vast majority of domestic violence is perpetrated by men.

But NEVER say never.

Last edited by dadtotheend; 10-21-2009 at 11:44 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:40 PM

dadtotheend will become famous soon enoughdadtotheend will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward View Post
She is one of those people who would fight you now and 5 minutes later like nothing happened.
Check out the second paragraph of this page, specfically:

``Does he or she do things that to you seem beyond comprehension; and then carry on as if those actions made no difference?``

Sociopath - Richard Skerritt Books - Dalkeith Press

A light went on for me when I read it 2 years ago.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helplessDad View Post
Those pics will prove that you were injured, not necessarily by her.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:53 PM

billiechic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadtotheend View Post
There's no question that the vast majority of domestic violence is perpetrated by men.

But NEVER say never.
I disagree. I think that women probably commit domestic violence a LOT more than we know. They do it differently, as it is harder for most women to physically intimidate their partners. Women abusers are emotional and mental batterers, much harder to detect. She can be very demeaning, critical and is probably crushing any self-respect he has. Men are expected to just "stand there and take it", when really they are being abused.

At least there are resources out there for women who are being abused. There are practically no services for men, and I can only imagine how small one must feel to have to admit that his wife is abusing him. It is nothing to be ashamed of, but society does not take these people seriously. A sad fact for sure.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:04 AM

Agreed,

I was referring to physical domestic abuse.

But you`re right.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:11 AM

representingself is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Easy for you to say. I got hit too, the shit kicked out of me a FEW times and I'm 6' 2" 230 lbs. And after getting slapped around a few dozen times, a little self defence is not unreasonable.

Please don't try that crap about it's never OK. You have no idea. Too bad it gets totally twisted into abuse when the reality was that I (and the guy who started this thread) was getting abused.

But NEVER say never.
Listen buddy..... I already apologized to Edward for my rash response to his post....

I am a 5'2 120 pound woman who has had the chit kicked out of me what feels like hundreds of times by one of my ex boyfriends... I have had teeth replaced and was thrown down a flight of stairs...so don't you dare tell ME that I have no idea.

It is NEVER ok to hit anyone and especially WRONG for a physically stronger, larger person to hit a smaller, weaker person!!

A 6'2'', 230 pound man (as you are) can easily restrain or remove himself from physical abuse by a woman... unless she was at least 6'2'' and 230 pounds as well!!

There is NO self defense there...

Hitting a woman is paramount to a pitbull fighting a Chihuahua!
Old 10-22-2009, 01:24 AM

helplessDad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Those pics will prove that you were injured, not necessarily by her.
you may have a good point there.