Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Domestic Violence

Domestic Violence Dealing with abuse and violence. Getting support and help.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2009, 01:22 AM

Sindelle is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Stuck in the Middle!

I am in desperate need of some advice here. I'm hoping I've come to the right place.

I know its not as common as the norm, but I have a friend who is being abused by his girlfriend.

I've know this couple for about 2 years now, but have only known about the physical abuse for 8 months now. Back in October of last year I became a witness to it. I'm friends with both of them and I happen to work with the abusing girlfriend which does nothing but complicate the situation even more.

She stabbed him in the back with a fondue fork the other night. I didn't see it happen, but I've seen the mark it left. I don't know what I am supposed to do. No man wants to admit that he gets beat up by his girlfriend, but I'm so terrified that one morning he's not going to wake up. She goes absolutely psyco sometimes. If I go to the police, I honestly don't believe he will back me up and he can't leave her because she will hunt him down. And since I work with her, I would like to remain as annonymous as possible.

I'm feel so helpless and lost. What do I do?