Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Domestic Violence

Domestic Violence Dealing with abuse and violence. Getting support and help.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2013, 05:50 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchy View Post
Well when a person is in a unhappy mariage and they other person say they will take everything away from the other person. Usely the father lose everything. What if you know that your wife will and she said you never see your kids again. That is mentaly abuse but our systeme wont do anything about it.Having equal parenting would help stop this abuse and cause a parent to become mentaly unstable
Even if the default was as you wanted it explicitly stated in law the conflict won't end because you could still file for "sole custody" and "majority access".
"the same percentage of the population - 10 per cent - have borderline personality disorders or mental health issues," he says, adding that delays in the court system often happen because there is not enough capacity to handle the number of cases. - Phil Epstein
There would be a reduction in my opinion of the minor conlicted files but, I don't see this effecting the truly "highly conflicted" cases from any course direction change.

Also, the court in Canada operates under the presumption of joint custody and equal access. As I have posted a number of matters to this site to that effect and our court's implementation of this in a number of matters and these becoming commonly cited jurisprudence in matters... I don't see how a specific statement is going to stop the truly conflicted parties in family law disputes.

What would be a benefit is if the courts made a few orders of costs directly against negative advocate solicitors who affirm "truthful" statements of "belief" before the court in custody and access matters. There are still too many professionals who will bring any nonsense argument before the superior court of justice in a custody and access dispute.

This is something a justice in a current matter in family law could put forward in case law if done properly. I suspect the very Honourable Madame Justice Chappel (just a prediction) will be the first justice to do this in a very clear and cogent manner that would have permanence in case law.

In support of my above statement I cite the following case law and detailed analysis on parallel parenting which, is currently being used in a number of matters, to determine joint custody and parallel parenting situations.

V.K. v. T. S., 2011 ONSC 4305 (CanLII)
Date: 2011-09-09
Docket: DF 2217/09
URL: CanLII - 2011 ONSC 4305 (CanLII)
Citation: V.K. v. T. S., 2011 ONSC 4305 (CanLII)

Good Luck!
Tayken
Old 01-20-2013, 05:55 PM

mcdreamy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
Look we get it from your posts that you think you got screwed by a court system and want to blame the system. You are sounding like a broken record. Why not give us the background of your case and maybe we can point out where you made mistakes and how you may be able to fix things. You want help then ask for it, just dont keep bitching about how you got screwed over. Let us help if we can.
He has an agenda.

Quote:
I am in full support of your statement here McDreamy. Mental health services are abysmal in our country that boasts a public health care system.
The Family Court system needs alignment to the mental health system up front or at minimum to any file before the court marked as "high conflict".
Tayken, I pay in one of the higher tax rates, and I would be so pleased to pay higher, if we could somehow move our tax dollars towards those who have slipped between the lines.. have no family GP, have no where to turn... You are right.. Public health care for those with non-physical attributes, is non existent. These people need help.

I'm sure I've mentioned this before -- I lost my best friend, to a murder-suicide. Her husband came in after Thanksgiving dinner, (I had suspected was depressed, and she and I had been talking about how to get her out), had been drinking with his brothers, and shot her to death.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:58 PM

frenchy is on a distinguished road

First there is not help for a fathers with no money and see you do agree i got screw by the systeme. Their is zero justice in our country unless money is there i dont even know why i came to This site cause probably half the people here work for this corrupted systeme so its normal to protected it
Old 01-20-2013, 06:03 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchy View Post
First there is not help for a fathers with no money and see you do agree i got screw by the systeme. Their is zero justice in our country unless money is there i dont even know why i came to This site cause probably half the people here work for this corrupted systeme so its normal to protected it
I said that you think you got screwed over not saying that I think you did. You should just leave if you think this site is so bad. All I know is that there is a wealth of knowledge on this site. No one on here has ever said the system is perfect.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:07 PM

The systeme said its ok for a doctor to kill is children. I dont care what and how people will debated this but its a perfect proof that its corrupted
Old 01-20-2013, 06:09 PM

hadenough is on a distinguished road

Quote by Tayken: "What would be a benefit is if the courts made a few orders of costs directly against negative advocate solicitors who affirm "truthful" statements of "belief" before the court in custody and access matters."

* I would welcome the day this happens ** Had ex's lawyer not been a complete ass, and (instead) presented as a true professional - things would have been settled much sooner than they were. The recent gong-show that this same solicitor appeared for, and in fact, orchestrated resulted in 7k costs against his client, in just under one hour.

It would have been highly appropriate and fitting for his disrespectful courtroom demeanor, if costs were slapped onto him.. Instead, the client he spoke for was given a costs order, and it's not going to get paid.

Last edited by hadenough; 01-20-2013 at 06:57 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:13 PM

McDreamy: my condolences on the loss of your good friend. That is an awful thing to have had to go through, and must be difficult to get your head around that.

There certainly does need to be more readily available access to mental health services. People are put on waiting lists, thrown out of psych wards 2 days after they've been admitted. It's not a good system.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:21 PM

mcdreamy is on a distinguished road

Apparently, according to frenchy, cardiologists are to be exempt from mental illness or depression.. Why? well, because they are doctors, of course!

Thanks HE.. what I feel, and have felt since the day it happened, is guilt. I thought I knew what was going on; when we would talk, she thought she knew what was going on.. Neither of us had a clue.

And man, I grew up in a scary dysfunctional household, I should have seen it coming and acted more pro-actively.

btw, frenchy, I have spent thousands of extra dollars in french immersion for our kid. The least you can do, when you come to a predominate Ontario website, is a simple spellcheck.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:27 PM

From what your saying its ok to become insane then kill your kids. Then a few years later your ok and your out free lol wow. I guess its only on this site that people think that way. And for my spelling i think it was good enuff for people to read . If you feel more comfy i can write in french. Bonne nuit
Old 01-20-2013, 06:27 PM

I must admit I am having a hard time with "frenchy's" grammar/spelling. I find his communications difficult to read.

As for your best friend, I can imagine it's a normal response you're having (guilt, can be a big part of grief) but in all likelihood, if your friend's husband was hell bent on extinguishing her life, I believe he would have found a way. If not that day, it would have been another. That's the sad reality.