Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Domestic Violence

Domestic Violence Dealing with abuse and violence. Getting support and help.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2013, 08:24 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future
Default Stittsville Tragedy - Two Children and a Parent No Longer With Us

Stittsville: 2 children, mother dead...

Police investigating 3 suspicious deaths in Stittsville home | CTV Ottawa News

Quote:
Ottawa Police are investigating an apparent double murder-suicide in the west-Ottawa suburb of Stittsville.

Just after 5:30 pm, police were called to a home on Granite Ridge Drive in Stittsville to investigate three suspicious deaths.

The three are identified as a mother, her six-year-old daughter, and her 10-year-old son.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:05 AM

FightingForFamily will become famous soon enough

Yep, was on the radio just now on the way to work. Very upsetting Won't know for awhile if it was related to untreated mental illness or maybe an impending divorce. The only information they said is that the children were murdered with a sharp implement but they wouldn't say any more. The fire fighters who were the first responders were treated afterwards for traumatic shock... it was quite the horrific scene.

The father came home and discovered the bodies. I can't even imagine.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:47 AM

hadenough is on a distinguished road

It is impossible to fathom, as most parents will do anything to protect their children from harm, and not inflict it with permanent, grave consequences. Coupled with the senselessness of it all, is the frightening fact that often these people "appear" to be quite normal. How and when does one have such a break with reality and conscience to be able to carry out such a monstrous act?

The initial reports describe the mom as a nice lady, head of the "neighborhood watch" etc. It is a devestating shock for those that know them and the community that is hard to imagine.

It is the most cruel and selfish act. Many will be plagued by the haunting guilt that they had not known, or noticed that something was very wrong.

Is there ANY way to tell? Or is it really possible that a person shows no outward signs that they are capable of taking very extreme and often deadly measures?
Old 01-15-2013, 10:11 AM

Most if not all of the other parents in the community will be wondering, as they themselves try to process the shock of it all, what to tell their own children.

The truth will emerge quickly enough and it really does make one wonder, what do you say, as a parent to your kids? Kids that knew these children, classmates, best friends. It will be very traumatizing for so many.

One neighbour (according to a media article) told her young daughter that there was a fire. Obviously she thought of something to say, other than the horrible truth to shelter her child, but that won't work for very long. Grief counselors will be instrumental in helping people to cope, but I for one, cannot imagine having that discussion with young children (as a parent).

Last edited by hadenough; 01-15-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:57 PM

Please stop with your gender biases. It's becoming a common thread in all of your posts. Yes, we are getting the picture.. You live with two crazy females and apparently (at least according to you) you are perfect.

Knock it off. And this thread is about a double murder suicide. I don't have the stats on hand for infanticide, however I do know that it is committed by men and women, and yes, oftentimes the ensuing reports are ones of shock and outsiders having believed that the man or woman was not capable of such a despicable act.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:06 PM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

Seriously, how man more posts are you going to bring up the fact that your ex's daughter smokes pot... honestly, no one really cares and it is not going to get you anywhere.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:14 PM

Oink, I make myself very clear and I'm not sure what you mean by my alleged "subliminal biases."

Furthermore, this thread was posted with regards to a family tragedy that took place with epic and fatal consequences. If you are looking for a bromance on a forum that entertains the notion that all women are crazy and that it's all about men vs women, perhaps you will find responses on such a forum that subscribes to the same beliefs that you hold, but you will be hard pressed to get the kind of support you appear to be seeking here.

Last edited by hadenough; 01-19-2013 at 11:18 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:18 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post
Gender biases....have you read some of your posts with the subliminal biases in them? I am not perfect, but lets just stick to the facts as opposed to sticking up for one gender.

I posted that I confiscated 3 bongs from a teen in my home, 2 from her backpack based on my huntch of smell in the house of weed, and all you had to say is that I can't prove it. There is 4yr old sleeping in the room next door

You might want to make yourself clearer next time then that both sexes are capable of whatever it is you are about to conclude on
Oink, this evidence is not going to "win" you custody. It is going to win you conflict in the matter and a lot of grief.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post
The intent of the evidence is not to gain custody on our son.....it's to void the teenage stepdaughter from babysitting our son when mom can't be there.

What is she ODs or leaves stuff lying around and son picks it up? Would you take the chance with your kids?
If the matter is so urgent, then, you may want to contact the Children's Aid Society to intervene in the matter of the drug use of the child in question?
Old 01-19-2013, 11:48 PM

And what if... The Sky Falls?

The Rumination Rut | Psychology Today