Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Domestic Violence

Domestic Violence Dealing with abuse and violence. Getting support and help.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2014, 06:38 PM

tdog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachnana View Post
That is the tragic thing tomhear for sure. But how could you have known. How could you have prevented it? You must just move forward and support her now.

I hope she is ok and safe bow.
She is safe with me and getting professional help.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
so what happened with the police charges?
He's been charged with sexual assault and sexual interference. He's now out on bail.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:16 AM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road

I think in my case people would have to die if they abused my kids - maybe it'd send a message to other molesters.

I'm so sorry
Old 07-10-2014, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Links17 View Post
I think in my case people would have to die if they abused my kids - maybe it'd send a message to other molesters.

I'm so sorry
That was my first impulse. My wife talked me out of it, wisely pointing out my daughter needs me more then ever.

She now doesn't want to go back to her mom's as it's too uncomfortable. We've let her know she's welcome to stay as long as she wants and she's safe. Mom didn't take well to that and has locked her out and cleared out the joint bank account they hold together. That was the money she worked a year for to pay her part of tuition.
Old 07-10-2014, 02:02 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

She doesnt realize it was her new husband who hurt her child? Wow. So shes abused by her step father and then treated badly by her mother. Poor kid. Youre a good parent and taking the high road is whats best for your daughter.
Old 07-10-2014, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
She doesnt realize it was her new husband who hurt her child? Wow. So shes abused by her step father and then treated badly by her mother. Poor kid. Youre a good parent and taking the high road is whats best for your daughter.
She knows he did it and kicked him out. I think she's worried about loosing her child support. That's the last thing on my mind. I have no intention on changing any financial arrangement. I'm too busy getting her the help she needs.
Old 07-10-2014, 05:42 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdog View Post
She knows he did it and kicked him out. I think she's worried about loosing her child support. That's the last thing on my mind. I have no intention on changing any financial arrangement. I'm too busy getting her the help she needs.
how old is your daughter?
Old 07-10-2014, 07:21 PM

stripes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm really sorry to hear this. Your daughter is fortunate to have you and your wife to help her through this crisis. Glad to hear the police are involved - with any luck, this predator will pay for what he did. You're right, child support should be the last thing to worry about right now.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:59 PM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
At least she kicked him out - it happens where the morons are oblivious or denial (dr. phil guests )