Ottawa Divorce .com Forums


User CP

New posts

Advertising

  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Domestic Violence

Domestic Violence Dealing with abuse and violence. Getting support and help.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #111 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2014, 07:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,836
stripes is on a distinguished road
Default

I think context matters a lot. I would never use the term "crex" anywhere near D8, and make a conscious effort to say positive things about her dad and stepmother (at one point when things were really acrimonious, I actually kept track in my agenda - every day I said something positive about him in front of D8, I gave myself a check mark so I could keep myself accountable, which I know sounds a little obsessive), but among close friends who know his antics, "crex" says it all, and keeps me from having to get into the nasty four-letter words.
Reply With Quote
  #112 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2014, 07:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,327
Beachnana is on a distinguished road
Default

"Crex" is a good one.

We noticed we needed to be careful. I called my daughter by her first name and little big ears started doing the same! Took to it like duck to water. Took all day to get him to return to Mommy.

So we have to call the ex Dad, father etc so he does not repeat.

They are so quick to pick up things lol

Almost cannot wait till he learns to call Dad out. Wonder what term he would end up using. Except I would be old and probably not hear it! Lol
Reply With Quote
  #113 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2014, 07:45 PM
Janibel's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Way up North
Posts: 1,497
Janibel will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachnana View Post
"Crex" is a good one.Lol
Is it just me, but ''Crex'' sounds like some all natural cereal? Have a bowl of Crex, it's the breakfast of champions
Reply With Quote
  #114 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2014, 08:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,836
stripes is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janibel View Post
Is it just me, but ''Crex'' sounds like some all natural cereal? Have a bowl of Crex, it's the breakfast of champions
HA! Janibel, you just made me snort out loud. Breakfast of champions indeed.

I prefer to think of new improved Crex as some kind of plumbing product - got problems with a backed-up toilet? A shot of Crex will cut right through that nasty stuff! Works for hairballs in the drain as well!
Reply With Quote
  #115 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2014, 08:27 PM
Janibel's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Way up North
Posts: 1,497
Janibel will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripes View Post
HA! Janibel, you just made me snort out loud. Breakfast of champions indeed.

I prefer to think of new improved Crex as some kind of plumbing product - got problems with a backed-up toilet? A shot of Crex will cut right through that nasty stuff! Works for hairballs in the drain as well!
Last year one of my pups had to go to the vet's, bad case of Crex!!!! poor little thing had to be put down .... (BTW sorry about where this thread is going ... just had a very happy day and need to lol!)
Reply With Quote
  #116 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2014, 08:39 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,327
Beachnana is on a distinguished road
Default

Threads direction is ok. After all it was a discussion on how step dad have more tendency towards child abuse than anyone. That discussion is in itself disturbing. I think you could drive yourself insane trying to worry about what your ex is doing.

In my life I sometimes wonder how a relationship of just 18 months can have such an impact on our lives and foreseeable future.

My daughters ex's name is one that our family has several beloved members sharing the same name, so its hard. Name is always cropping up and reminding us of the problem. Hey thats a great name "The problem". Lol
Reply With Quote
  #117 (permalink)  
Old 07-08-2014, 12:22 AM
Hand of Justice
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: In the Shadows
Posts: 3,139
Links17 is on a distinguished road
Default

I call my kids hostages
Reply With Quote
  #118 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2014, 02:26 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 45
tdog is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachnana View Post
Threads direction is ok. After all it was a discussion on how step dad have more tendency towards child abuse than anyone. That discussion is in itself disturbing. I think you could drive yourself insane trying to worry about what your ex is doing.

In my life I sometimes wonder how a relationship of just 18 months can have such an impact on our lives and foreseeable future.

My daughters ex's name is one that our family has several beloved members sharing the same name, so its hard. Name is always cropping up and reminding us of the problem. Hey thats a great name "The problem". Lol
I didn't worry enough.

On fathers day, my oldest daughter told me her step dad has been molesting her.
Reply With Quote
  #119 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2014, 04:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,327
Beachnana is on a distinguished road
Default

That is the tragic thing tomhear for sure. But how could you have known. How could you have prevented it? You must just move forward and support her now.

I hope she is ok and safe bow.
Reply With Quote
  #120 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2014, 04:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kitchener Ontario
Posts: 5,201
standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdog View Post
I didn't worry enough.

On fathers day, my oldest daughter told me her step dad has been molesting her.
so what happened with the police charges?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Faulty to assume Shared Parenting: here's why SilverLining Divorce & Family Law 44 06-29-2014 01:41 PM
Step parents and permission forms / signing authority DontGiveUp Parenting Issues 77 10-09-2013 02:18 PM
Assuming is never a good option. SilverLining Political Issues 5 04-26-2009 10:30 AM
Opinion SilverLining Political Issues 0 04-25-2009 06:44 PM
Step Parents & Child Support? Markj Divorce & Family Law 2 12-09-2008 06:11 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:36 AM.