Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Domestic Violence

Domestic Violence Dealing with abuse and violence. Getting support and help.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2013, 09:38 AM

DowntroddenDad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxyroller71 View Post
I greatly thank you for that advice. I could give u a hug. An I don't hug strangers...but kindness of strangers is sometimes what keeps u going.

I will print it out and follow it.
Also
We will be enrolling on my family wizard. I would do it now but need that in the agreement first. What do u suggest?
How would an iPad fit in?
How can I "share" that item so that my son is able to Skype/FaceTime on it w his dad and we can do what we need to safely?
I'm very hesitant in this. Yet it seems to being enforceable.
(That being said...my ex wants daily FaceTime 6-8)

Thank you again for taking the time And happy valenitines day!
I'd take a hug. Happy Valentines day to you too.

I've not enrolled on Family Wizard, so can't advise you there. If it is a web based app, it will probably work fine on an iPad.
There are fewer viruses and trojans on the iPad, but they still exist.
I would suggest that you password protect the iPad, and unlock it for your son when he needs to use it. If you use Skype create a unique ID just for communicating with the dad, and log in for him. Two hours seems like a lot of time, but thats between the two of you.

With regards to the past entanglements, the best thing you can do is try to be very supportive of your son trying to maintain a relationship with his father, and refuse to engage in any negative discussions, even if your son tries to initiate them. Set a good example, and the kids will remember that.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:51 AM

billm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxyroller71 View Post
(That being said...my ex wants daily FaceTime 6-8)
I would not restrict communication with the other parent at any time.

I don't have any rules for my kids about when or how long they can call their mom. I don't think that placing rules on communication is good for the kids.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:55 PM

hadenough is on a distinguished road

Got this in an email from Bell. Apparently, March is Fraud Prevention Month. So I'm sharing these good tips/reminders:

"March is Fraud Prevention Month and Bell wants to ensure customers, like you, are always safe online – whether you’re at home or on the go.
Here are some of the top tips for staying safe online:
•Think before you share. Avoid revealing too many personal details like your phone number, address, vacation details and photos in emails or on social networking sites.
•Be password aware. Choose passwords with a combination of upper and lowercase letters, numbers and symbols, and change them often.
•Be Wi-Fi savvy. Don’t share personal information over unsecure, public Wi-Fi networks in coffee shops, libraries and airports. And always disable the connection after using it.
•Protect your personal info. If you receive an email request asking for your account number, security code and password, call the company directly for verification.

To learn more and to check out other ways to stay safe online, visit GetCyberSafe.ca."

*Any tips on how the hell to best keep track of all the "passwords" in our lives?*

Not only are we to have long and secure, alphanumeric passwords but we are advised to CHANGE them from time to time. Sheesh.