Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Domestic Violence

Domestic Violence Dealing with abuse and violence. Getting support and help.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2011, 02:09 AM

Mess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the rough

It's completely possible and legal to consent to something ahead of time and have it done to you while unconcious, it happens every day, it's called "surgery".

I find it asinine that anyone would suggest that you can't consent to a sex act with the same level of foresight and thoughtfulness that you use to consent to having an internal organ removed.

Mominneed, the scenario you describe would still likely be seen by the courts as illegal, in that having the fight would have been indication to any reasonable person that consent had been withdrawn. This type of incident can be tried on a case by case basis.

It's also a logical fallacy to use an example of extreme situation and use it to try to show that any situation would be a problem. What if someone got really drunk and passed out in a car on the highway? I guess driving should be illegal then.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:16 AM

AtALoss is on a distinguished road

I think that whether this ruling be applied in a case it needs to be determined if consent had been given at some point... in this case it truely had. So in all honesty the ruling was unfair to the guy.

BUT speaking in the generality of the ruling and one that well have to tend to agree.
If a person were to get drunk the act of getting so is not a consent for sex. I wonder too that if someone were just sleeping they would have to be either really out of it or drugged to not be woken enough to realise what is going on. At some point a form of consent would be given and acknowledged.
Now that opens up a whole other can of worms... what constitutes consent.... and not consenting.
enough said and I'm not going there.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:23 PM

Mominneed is on a distinguished road

There is a huge difference to consent in advance for surgery - something necessary/desired which likely would not change as it's not based on emotions - and consent in advance to sex.

Can you consent when your intoxicated? Mentally handicapped? Unconcious?

I just don't agree with this practice regardless of how some people supposedly "enjoy" it as it takes away a basic right for women. The right to say NO at any time. And I also don't think you should be able to waive this right.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:39 AM

Mess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the rough

Women have a basic right to do what they want with their bodies. If what they choose is to participate in kinky sex acts that's their choice NOT YOURS.

There are also men who are into things like this. It's not gender discriminate. But you seem to only be all fired up about women being violated.

Yes there is a big difference between surgery and sex. Sex is more fun. Both require consent. Please explain to me what the word "consent" means. You seem to believe it means different things depending on the situation.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:56 AM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

[quote=Mess;68159]Women have a basic right to do what they want with their bodies. If what they choose is to participate in kinky sex acts that's their choice NOT YOURS.[quote]

AMEN!! Er.....

Quote:
There are also men who are into things like this. It's not gender discriminate. But you seem to only be all fired up about women being violated.
Mess is right, this is totally a two-way street. I wonder if you'd be as fired up about the whole issue if it were a man rather than a woman?

Interesting.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:09 AM

Skndlz2904 is on a distinguished road

Wow, that is one smart and sick bitch. It was ingenious!!! Nice custody tactic.
I gotta say I would've never thought about that one. It only proves how women are more coniving then men. Can you imagine the guys face when cops showed up at the door? LMAO!!!!!
Old 08-11-2011, 10:42 AM

fireweb13 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to fireweb13

Its funny that it is rape when 2 people get drunk, then have sex and when they wake up the woman feels she did not want it. But what happens if the guy wakes up and realizes he did not want it? Would that be rape...what if they both woke up and realized that neither of them wanted it and since both consented while intoxicated it means that they raped each other... Just a thought.

This women consented to the act, and by consenting to pass out for the act she consented to acts being done while passed out, her moment to say no was up until it started, NOT months later when it is to her advantage in a custody battle. People have strange fetish's don't they, but I guess this guy will think twice before doing that again.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:43 AM

Pursuinghappiness will become famous soon enough
Default Rats!

You mean I can't choke my boyfriend out then violate him with a sex toy while he's unconscious?

Damn, now what am I going to do Friday night?

Anyone see any good movies lately?
Old 08-11-2011, 10:46 AM

fireweb13 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to fireweb13

Pursuinghappiness, you could do that but just make sure that you have no custody battles coming up.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:07 PM

Pursuinghappiness will become famous soon enough

Yea...the only thing I fight over custody with him about is who gets the remote control.