Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Domestic Violence

Domestic Violence Dealing with abuse and violence. Getting support and help.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2015, 02:11 AM

ringettteplayer is on a distinguished road
Default Safety concerns

Can someone please define stalking for me I am not sure if this is appearing as as such, please don't assume im looking for negative this is truly a genuine safety concern(not a threat a concern i am feeling)

My ex has recently moved a few blocks away from me, he will not give me exact address.
I have interim prime
Yes i adhere to eow access order

I have just learned that he has been waiting down the road in the mornings for our children to walk to school he has been picking them up there n dropping them off at school also he is waiting across the road from school n picking them up after school he drops them off down the road from our house. He has not informed me of this.

I have also learned he is showing up at swimming lessons unexpected.
My oldest has received pictures (via texts)from him asking about the xmas decorations in front of our house.

he emailed me a few weeks back asking me for him to have the children for a week, i agreed to a couple of days plus the weekend, he responded with "unacceptable if you won't let me see the children then i will go another route"
He texted me 2 days ago "no kids, no money"

i have been very accomodating to his last minute requests and unscheduled parenting times in the past, and he constantly accuses me of alienating him, he accuses me via email of mental abuse towards the children, child abuse etc.,

Should I have concerns like I do?
Old 12-09-2015, 01:19 PM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

I would be concerned about the texts, being pictures if your home to the kids and threats to you regarding child support.

I don't know that it's a safety issue for him to be picking up the kids and dropping them off before and after school. Odd? Yes, but nit necessarily a safety issue, but rude that he didn't mention it to you. You should know where your kids are on your time and be confident that they are where they are expected to be. If the kids are ok with it I would leave that part alone. Him moving to your area would be seen as a good thing as he is closer to the kids. Unless otherwise stated in your agreement, he is entitled to be at swimming but it is weird that he's being so covert about it.

You should be concerned about some of it, mostly the texts and not keeping you informed that he is picking up the kids on your time. The alternative is that you take them to and from school.
Old 12-09-2015, 01:29 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Also, save the text messages about cs threats. If you're still going through finalizing the order, these will be important. He cant stop cs due to access and he was stupid to put that in writing.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:13 PM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I have also learned he is showing up at swimming lessons unexpected.
Your swimming lessons?
Old 12-09-2015, 06:24 PM

Haha um no my daughter's! I found out he was there after she told me she saw him there i kind of thought he was there as he texted me
to ask me if I wanted him to pick up our daughter and bring her home from swimming....
Old 12-09-2015, 07:03 PM
Hand of Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringettteplayer View Post
Haha um no my daughter's! I found out he was there after she told me she saw him there i kind of thought he was there as he texted me
to ask me if I wanted him to pick up our daughter and bring her home from swimming....
He isn't allowed to attend your daughter's swimming lessons?
Old 12-09-2015, 07:15 PM

It doesnt bother me that he wants to ve involved, i am finding it bothersome to find out after the fact.
Old 12-09-2015, 07:18 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

sounds like he wants more time with his kids instead of EOW. Moving closer etc seems like he will be trying for 50/50 soon.
Old 12-09-2015, 07:51 PM
Hand of Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringettteplayer View Post
It doesnt bother me that he wants to ve involved, i am finding it bothersome to find out after the fact.
He is required to inform you if he is going to be somewhere?
Old 12-09-2015, 08:25 PM

ok then thanks for taking the time to reply