Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Domestic Violence

Domestic Violence Dealing with abuse and violence. Getting support and help.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2014, 07:32 PM

Sadmommy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serene View Post
You got our simple answers. Our advice and this forum are free.
I see why you are so bitter now. I must remind you of your hubby's ex is she trying to paint him with a bad brush too. I am not your hubby's ex, your a step mother. Period, let the parents parent. That is my advice and this forum is free.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:37 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadmommy View Post
Firstly, I thought this was a place to support each other. But you both sound like bitter bitter people. Not sure why your radars are up or why you find it upon yourselves to make assumptions of someone you have never met. If I had anything to hide, I am sure I would have eliminated the fact I hit the gf. CAS has been involved from from separation due to DV. And you don't know the contents of why CAS are involved and what their plans are. I asked a simple question to get advice or alternatives I can use to protect myself from being attacked with a weapon. But this is the wrong atmosphere for that. Its views like this that makes women stay in bad relationships and fearful to say anything. But you both know it all don't you.....
Hmm I have been in an abusive marriage, so you have no clue what you are talking about. You are prone to violence yourself due to hitting the exs gf.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serene View Post
You got our simple answers. Our advice and this forum are free.
And if hubby's ex called foul play that he was abusing her(just guessing here), doesn't mean she was lying or trying to sink him. It could be that she is telling the truth. You have no idea what my life or my children's life have been. I have been in a battle for my life for years and most recently, he almost killed me. But you think you can read in between the lines and accuse me of lying. just because for once I am fighting back, and want to protect my children suddenly I am a liar trying to make out an abuse to be a bad person. It seems like my story hits close to home from all the replies. You only have this emotional investment in things when you can relate. So, let's call it as it is. And I am here to get legal advice to protect myself and my kids in court not be victimized because its easy for you to sit behind your computer and do so. Have a wonderful night because I sure plan to
Old 08-13-2014, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
Hmm I have been in an abusive marriage, so you have no clue what you are talking about. You are prone to violence yourself due to hitting the exs gf.
There are services available to help you refocus your anger to the right person. I am not that person
Old 08-13-2014, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Were you the abuser? everyone is prone to violence, its your reaction that separates you.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:50 PM

Quote:
There are services available to help you refocus your anger to the right person. I am not that person
Lol. You really have no clue do you?? I have long ago let go of my anger towards my ex. Waste of energy and time.

I just have issues with people who have used violence (mutually combative with your ex also?) but then condemn it when someone else does it to them.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Were you the abuser? everyone is prone to violence, its your reaction that separates you.
I am not prone to violence. I wasn't an abuser at all. I walked on eggshells around my ex because any little thing could set him off. I don't hit people, I would rather walk away. That is what separates you from me.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:56 PM
Banned

Once.is.enough is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I am not prone to violence. I wasn't an abuser at all. I walked on eggshells around my ex because any little thing could set him off. I don't hit people, I would rather walk away. That is what separates you from me.
Did you read that on the internet?
Old 08-13-2014, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Once.is.enough View Post
Did you read that on the internet?
what is that suppose to mean???
Old 08-13-2014, 08:30 PM

Janibel will become famous soon enough

Quote:
what is that suppose to mean???
SOTS don't waste your time on once.is.enough, he loves to bait people and only comments to either criticize or make more trouble. He contributes very little to this forum ....

SM, no one here is attempting to attack you, this forum is a good place to get different opinions (as difficult as they may be at times). Tell yourself that any good lawyer would likely bring up the fact that you hit your Ex's g/f. How would you justify that without losing it ...
Violence can never be justified, there are better ways of dealing with foul-mouthed people lol!

I was also physically abused (long term marriage) and having been through that ordeal I would be the last person on earth to hurt another (I know how it feels). I suppose you reacted differently when the EX's g/f insulted you ... sticks and stones.

The problem you will be facing is credibility - that means A LOT in court.

Last edited by Janibel; 08-13-2014 at 08:33 PM.