Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Domestic Violence

Domestic Violence Dealing with abuse and violence. Getting support and help.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2013, 10:18 PM

caranna is on a distinguished road

Excellent advice from Mess.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:08 PM

hadenough is on a distinguished road

^ sometimes I hate the 'high road' too - but it's very quiet up on the high road.

Ditto re: the useless letter writing - it's a waste of time and money.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:55 PM

wretchedotis is on a distinguished road

As for communication with him.

He has conditions - and is powerless to change them.

You could, however, approach the Crown and speak to them about it.

You could speak to a Justice of the Peace, and see if you can grant consent for communication via very specific means (E-mail) on very specific topics (Child-rearing.)

Basically, it`s up to you to re-establish communication if there is a valid and pressing need for it.

I should also say. From what I read, you have neither a valid or pressing need for it.

Furthermore, if the assault was directed at you (reading between the lines), you probably shouldn`t talk to him at all right now, if ever.

Last edited by wretchedotis; 04-26-2013 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Addendum
Old 04-26-2013, 08:41 AM

NBDad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
^ sometimes I hate the 'high road' too - but it's very quiet up on the high road
/seconded (thirded? meh)

The high road allows my big ol' court order to get some speed on it when I have to drop it on the ex's head. Gravity's a bitch yo

I enjoy my (relatively) quiet and drama free perch....doesn't mean the ex has (or ever will, /le sigh) halt her attempts to knock me down to her level,but it's quiet up here, at least for the most part. I think I have holes in my tongue from biting it so often, but that's another thread.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:36 PM

Kookoo is on a distinguished road

Arabian, Actually I am not bitter...thanks for thinking of me while watching daytime television though. Instead of being "bitter" and assuming that I am holding his tools hostage...look at both sides. My issue with his communication was that he did not address a need to see his children, money, house....just his tools. Valued at approximately $500 and easily replaced at Home Depot. That was my point. Yes there is two sides to every story, but please feel assured that I spent the last 2 years trying to make this work and make him happy. You have no idea. When we first separated I offered him the car, spousal support, shared custody, I gave him everything in the house, stocked his fridge, cleaned and paid for everything to be moved into his condo...I really wanted to be friends, to be healthy and good to each other...this is not a game to me this is my life. If it was a game I would have had his ass in jail...all I was looking for was some words of wisdom....certainly not judgements. I will always care about this person, I just wish his bitterness did not blind him to the fact we spent 20 years together and we will always be apart of each others lives. Thank you to those that gave be some constructive opinions and support. I really do appreciate it.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:40 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

okey dokey. Hope them tools are worth it.

Sorry you are having a hard time. I hope the very best for you.

FYI - I was married 30 yrs. I'm not wasting my life away watching daytime TV but if that's what you are doing I certainly won't pass judgment.

You were with a louse and hopefully you can move on. It's the best thing any of us can do.