Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Domestic Violence

Domestic Violence Dealing with abuse and violence. Getting support and help.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2012, 09:24 PM

pokeman has a little shameless behaviour in the past

there is no such thing as 'perjury' in Family Court , this isnt an over sight
its a tool , it breeds conflict (also known as billable hours to some lawyers) and opens a loophole where if ( for example ) the court prefer's one sex over the other the tool can be used to confront and expose the liar or simply ignore it;

maybe some else has a better explanation, personally I saw the above executed flawlessly in an Alberta courtroom.

so, i cant see a court allowing verification of whom is telling the truth or not as the system is already setup to allow lies cause sometimes it makes the courts life alot easier to deliver insane rulings ...

Last edited by pokeman; 01-11-2012 at 09:26 PM. Reason: speeling mistakes
Old 01-12-2012, 02:47 AM

beebie is on a distinguished road

Hey Pokeman it is executed flawlessly in Alberta courtrooms about ten or twenty times a day.

The woman will get all kinds of assistance but the accused man...nothing except maybe duty counsel 2 minutes before court.

Lucky for this guy, his child was old enough to testify that nothing happened.

And Maggie is right...the well funded domestic shelters are like those Al Qaida madrasas teaching the newbs how it is done.

Thank goodness there are a few judges out there who uphold the law and do their best to prevent an utter miscarriage of justice.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:56 AM

hadenough is on a distinguished road

The police are mandated to make an arrest when there is probable cause. Yes, she can get in trouble for giving a false statement to police. The last thing he should do at his court appearance is enter any sort of a guilty plea. He needs to stick to his version (presumably truthful) of events. I don't think a polygraph will help and I'm pretty sure he can't make her take one. If this is a first offense and the charges stick, he can apply for a conditional discharge in a few months. He's not going to get jail time and he should not contact her at all as there's likely a "no contact" order at the moment. What a mess. Reminds me of my situation only I wasn't lying to the police - he was. He got charged w/assault and uttering a death threat. He entered a guilty plea (although continued to tell everyone that he was "set up". Then the crown dropped the assault charge (I now regret not attending his court appearance) and entered a guilty plea on the death threat. 9 months later the Dbag got a conditional discharge.