Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Domestic Violence

Domestic Violence Dealing with abuse and violence. Getting support and help.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2010, 09:34 AM

Max22258 is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear about your problem, I can only recommend that you get support and file criminal charge. For those who filed false allegation it just put doubt in your story has I had an ex who has abused the system that way. But if he really beat you you have to get him out, not you but him. You will be given a lawyer, some money to live and possibly they may help you relocate if you wish. If you let this go one day it may be too late and this for you and your children.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:22 AM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

the last thing I would be worried abour right now is CS and custody. You need to take yourself and your child to somewhere safe ASAP!! Then worry about the other stuff.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:42 AM

mama2bee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiechic View Post
Please follow the advice above and get out, with your child, before it happens again.

I was also abused, and I know how you feel, probably second-guessing yourself. Do you keep wondering if it really is all that bad? If you deserve it? Are you making excuses for his behaviour? Has he cut you off from your friends or family?

There are people here who understand. You need to get yourself somewhere safe. Please do that and let us know how you are doing.
I completely second all of this, no amount of talking about it to family or friends will help. All it takes is one more time for it to be over for you or your child. Don't give the ass the chance, in NO WAY are you doing anything for this to be your fault and in NO WAY do you deserve it. GET OUT and GET OUT NOW. (hopefully seeing when this was posted you are already gone.)