Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Domestic Violence

Domestic Violence Dealing with abuse and violence. Getting support and help.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2009, 08:00 AM

billiechic is on a distinguished road
Default interim custody- how to apply?

I need to apply for interim custody. We have agreed to take equal turns with her for now, but he knows he has equal rights and I fear he will not return my 3 yO daughter after his 2 days with her. He has threatened to do that several times already. Even if I can get a document stating the equal terms, he won't be able to keep her from me.

Please help, this is urgent!
Old 07-14-2009, 07:22 AM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

why do you fear that he will not return the child?? I can see that he has threatened to do that but was he saying that as a real threat or just to get under your skin to make you worry (headgames)?

He does have equal rights so considering she is three how about 50/50 instead of just two days with him??
Old 07-14-2009, 09:09 AM

billiechic is on a distinguished road

He has threatened to not return her, get her passport, etc several times. Probably it has been to hurt me, but he's said it so many times that I'm worried. He is also a batterer, has admitted to physical abuse and has been emotionally and mentally abusing me for years. he has always tried to control me ad most of our fights start out when I show some kind of spunk or assertiveness. Not that he controls me in everything, he just has to have the final word often, or get his way.

He knows someone who just went through something similar. They were separated, and the girlfriend brought the kid over to visit. The boyfriend grabbed the kid out of the car, and locked themselves inside the apartment and there was nothing the cops could do. the girl was without her kid almost a month and in the end they got 50/50 custody. Yes, it sounds fair for the kid, but not really when someone could be so malicious and use the child to hurt the other parent that way.

To clarify, he is not getting just 2 days with her, that is the rotation he wants, 2 days with him, then 2 days with me etc.