Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Domestic Violence

Domestic Violence Dealing with abuse and violence. Getting support and help.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2013, 09:11 AM

SadAndTired is on a distinguished road

mama, you have nothing to "prove" to anyone on this site.

Please don't post any of the emails/texts as it could be used against you later in court.

Tayken's request is out of line and certainly not in your best interest.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:11 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
Handy that you put the previous posts on the forum Tayken. Satisfied me that the OP indeed is dealing with a very difficult ex.
Or, themselves is the 'difficult ex' who is unable to settle matters and resorts to making personal insults of this person on a public forum? Or the difficult ex that will continue to litigate a matter for years without ever coming to a final settlement then blames the other party to the matter?

Quote:
mama_pumpkin: As no one on this forum is a certified psychologist/psychiatrist, that I am aware of, I would disregard the amateur attempts at profiling or categorizing of you or your ex. Always keep in mind that this is a public forum and it attracts all sorts of individuals.
Let us not forget that Arabian has been trapped in years of litigation, still is before the courts, is unable to bring resolution to her matter and yet comes to this forum to offer advice on how to settle matters between two parties.

Let us not forget that Arabian should really focus on resolving her problems prior to providing any advice on to this form.

Quote:
Keep your kid safe. The rest will follow. For all you know your actions saved your ex's life. Don't be distracted by attempts to "analyze" your actions. You already know that true professional help is there for you and your son.
Hopefully, they won't follow like this:

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...ntinued-13955/

Good Luck!
Tayken
Old 01-27-2013, 11:18 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadAndTired View Post
And yet, you did take time, a lot of it, to answer her. One might wonder why you couldn't stay out of it even though you stated you wanted to?
One would question why you hurl insults?

Quote:
You've finally done it Tayken. You have no way to know that she NEEDS mental health assistance.
Nope but, offering the advice to seek theraputic resolution to personal problems is always better advice than offering advice to abduct children, restrict access to the other parent and to read books wirtten by discredited authors such as Lundy Bancroft.

Quote:
If someone said that about you there would be a tirade of libel and ridiculous ranting spanning 1500 words.
Therapy is something that many people engage in and not just because they are "mentally ill". It is unfortunate that you have such a biased view of "mental health" that whereby someone attends therapy they must be "sick" and a danger to society. You live in a very sad place in this world if you think that therapy is just for the mentally insane.

Quote:
You have no right to say that anyone NEEDS mental health assistance.
Everyone going through seperation and divorce should seek therapy. It is in their best interests. Recommending someone seek therapy is not to call them "mentally ill". You seem to take offense to the fact that therapy can benefit even the most "mentally fit" people. It is people like you that create bigotry and discrimination in the field of mental health and label people as "sick" for attending therapy.

Quote:
Professionals usually don't make assertions without having a thorough history, interviews, etc......
What did I "assert" then? I recommended therapy as I always do for anyone going through emotional stressful situations. So does the Honourable Mr. Justice Brownstone in the book "Tug Of War". I guess he is a horrible and awful person too?

You are very absurd indeed.

Quote:
As you are not a professional, your opinion means even less and can be dangerous when thrown around so liberally and without cause.
How can recommending someone seek therapy and mental health support be "dangerous"? In fact, it is quite the opposite. It is clear you are only hurling allegations without considering the facts.

Your advice is dangerous, labeling and no different than the discriminatory and bigoted views that many people in society hold with regards to therapy and mental health services.

Good Luck!
Tayken
Old 01-27-2013, 11:31 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

^Ridiculous. I was divorced within 9 months of when I filed (by way of binding JDR in Alberta). This poster, once again, shows he clearly doesn't know what he is talking about. He has never, to my knowledge, posted anything about himself so as far as I know he was never married and may not even have any children.

Disparaging remarks from sarcastic and ignorant individuals are uncalled for. They simply serve no purpose.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:31 PM

Janus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Handy that you put the previous posts on the forum Tayken. Satisfied me that the OP indeed is dealing with a very difficult ex.
Perception is interesting. The quotes from Tayken lead me to believe that the OP's ex is dealing with a very difficult ex.

Quote:
For all you know your actions saved your ex's life.
Statistically speaking, the above statement is ridiculous. Every single action I do might possibly save the life of my child. Pushing a loving father into the living hell of supervised access probably does not rank very highly on "things I can do that will make my child safer"

Frankly, if my ex tried to inflict supervised access on me, it would presage a decade of outright war.

I stand by my original statement, the OP may be dressing it up well, but I do not believe that she is truly child-centered. She thinks that she is awesome, and that her ex is very much not-awesome... a common emotion among the divorced, and one that must be hotly denounced for the self-centeredness that it is.

Denial of access, or degradation of access (ie. supervised access) is, in my opinion, one of the worst things that can be done to a child, and should be reserved for the most serious and heinous of situations. In my opinion, this is not one of those situations.
Closed Thread