Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Domestic Violence

Domestic Violence Dealing with abuse and violence. Getting support and help.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2010, 12:04 PM

Durgan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiechic View Post
I am assuming the "Whore" you refer to would be your wife. I hope you use that term in your criminal matter. It might bring some credibility to the charges. You do know that emotional battery is considered domestic violence, right?
Naw! The whore line was an attempt at humor. If emotional battery is considered domestic violence, I have been violated. I recorded some of my spouses half hour periodic harangues without her knowledge. Unfortunately, the audio files cannot be posted. I recorded for the purpose of giving them to her immediate family, so they could suggest a call on the family doctor. When suggested quietly all I got was abuse, so just kept the records. They are now with my lawyer. I tried all the avenues open to me, then finally gave up anad started the divorce proceedings.

You might try this thread.
Xanthippe - 50Plus Discussion Forums
Old 02-23-2010, 02:31 PM

billiechic is on a distinguished road

If you had taken the time to read into this forum you would have realized that that kind of language is offensive and not tolersted here. Since you seem to be quite comfortable on forums (as evidenced by your own link), you should have known that the use of this icon denotes sarcasm and would have used it.
Therefore, I believe your intent was not sarcasm and that your wrods were genuine. Especially after reading the post you linked. Apparently your first impression here was correct and you are merely backpeddling.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:35 PM

dadtotheend will become famous soon enoughdadtotheend will become famous soon enough

You have hardly put yourself in a position here to be pulling off that kind of "humour". After reading a little bit of that posted thread, I see that you revel in this kind of stuff.

I'm done posting responses to you.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadtotheend View Post
You have hardly put yourself in a position here to be pulling off that kind of "humour". After reading a little bit of that posted thread, I see that you revel in this kind of stuff.

I'm done posting responses to you.
Reality seems to be a problem with you. Again you only read a little. As mentioned the world cannot be defined in a one sentence discourse.

I am not seeking advise. I am underlining an ongoing story. It is reality.

It appears I am pissing on your turf. You first post was an unsuccessful attempt to put me down. Sorry Old Boy or Dear, I don't collapse so easily.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:43 PM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I am not seeking advise. I am underlining an ongoing story.
Curious...for what purpose? It looks like you've already found other venues for documenting your experience and venting about your experience. What is your objective?
Old 02-23-2010, 03:50 PM

Quote:
If you had taken the time to read into this forum you would have realized that that kind of language is offensive and not tolersted here. Since you seem to be quite comfortable on forums (as evidenced by your own link), you should have known that the use of this icon denotes sarcasm and would have used it.

Therefore, I believe your intent was not sarcasm and that your wrods were genuine. Especially after reading the post you linked. Apparently your first impression here was correct and you are merely backpeddling.
Most of your post is incoherent. I don't use icons and don't want to even know their meaning. Backpedaling has absolutely no meaning as you use it. I am a big boy and am responsible for what I say and do. I stand by the contents of my posts.

Taking words, phrases or sentences out of context and ascribing you own interpretation is utter nonsense.

There is absolutely nothing offensive about my posts. If they upset you simply pass on. No! I am not politically correct, nor intend to be so.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:55 PM

Your reference to any woman as a whore is offensive. There is no other way to interpret that.

There is nothing in my post that is incoherent.

You are backpeddling by claiming that your words were meant as sarcasm after they had been deemed offensive. Someone who meant it as sarcasm would have apologised for the misunderstanding, not accused the poster of taking things out of context.

If you choose not to use icons to illustrate the intent of your words then you should expect people to interpret them according to the content and the words you use. Using the word whore did not get you any brownie points here. Either make your posts clearer or expect this kind of response.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkandimgone View Post
Curious...for what purpose? It looks like you've already found other venues for documenting your experience and venting about your experience. What is your objective?
Generally it is impolite to answer a question with a question. But why do you post?

Probably I want to expose the system as it operates, much to the detriment of many. Real life if you like. Exposure! Human interaction and bounce ideas, hoping for reflective responses- not the common piffle. The "me too" crowd often reflects more about the poster and lack of original thinking and worldly experience.

You will notice that I don't post in matters of which I have no experience. Posts involving children with fighting parents, for example.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durgan View Post
Generally it is impolite to answer a question with a question.

Pot, meet kettle.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Your reference to any woman as a whore is offensive. There is no other way to interpret that.

There is nothing in my post that is incoherent.

You are backpeddling by claiming that your words were meant as sarcasm after they had been deemed offensive. Someone who meant it as sarcasm would have apologised for the misunderstanding, not accused the poster of taking things out of context.

If you choose not to use icons to illustrate the intent of your words then you should expect people to interpret them according to the content and the words you use. Using the word whore did not get you any brownie points here. Either make your posts clearer or expect this kind of response.
Claptrap. Sorry the post requires more than one word. I use the Queen's English to express not befuddle.