Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Domestic Violence

Domestic Violence Dealing with abuse and violence. Getting support and help.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2009, 08:47 AM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadtotheend View Post
Or you could consider KLD's contrasting advice to the man at http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...d-advice-3840/.
You are trying to compare apples to oranges. The other post dealt with the guys wanting to see his daughter and how to go about that. With this instance there are no kids involved. Kld gave good advice in both posts.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:43 PM

KLD is on a distinguished road

Nope. Not here to defend my "contrasting advice" again - but I do most certainly hope that my advice would give you some adequate information to assist you in making a safe and effective plan. I agree completely with DTTE's statment that "His behaviour is escalating. It's a mere matter of time before you get hurt if you don't get out." A ticking time bomb. But I could have written "oh darling...just leave", but you know that. The fact is that this "leaving plan" is not that simple...is it? Well, I do have some expertise in this area, thus I am going to say it loud and clear. This advise will save you if you need saving. From any of the situations he has faced you with. Emotioinal abuse, threats, a lease, legal threats, character defamation...anything. A judge can order that he have no contact with your family in an EPO. I understand it seems extreme. But I also understand you may need extreme. And if you don't, maybe someone else who is reading this does.