Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Domestic Violence

Domestic Violence Dealing with abuse and violence. Getting support and help.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2015, 11:13 PM

Janibel will become famous soon enough

Yes, it can be discouraging. The police can only do so much. There's also a lot of false accusations being made which hinders 'real' victims ... A restraining order is only a piece of paper and IMO anger management therapy is a farce. So what's the solution?

Make them accountable, always document bad behavior and press charges every single time. Eventually they figure it out and look for an "easier to control" victim - it's as simple as that. Most bullies are chicken $hit when it comes to getting caught.

It was not easy to testify against a man whom I once loved, the father of my child, but it had to be done and I did not recant or back down even under threats. Police and courts can only do so much, it's basically up to us to fight for our peace and justice.

As far as consequences, if the Ex ever shows up at my door it's 9-1-1 and an immediate arrest for him so I don't think he'll risk it
Old 02-22-2015, 09:24 AM

Helpless is on a distinguished road

It's sad that you had to go through that, you or anyone for that matter! My heart goes out to you and your children! True colors always show up in divorce.

I volunteer for the first responder victim's crisis unit and see a whack load of similar situations, maybe that's why I have different view of what is "crisis" and victim as well, I've grown used to it. pre and post separation spousal abuse is nothing to turn a blind eye to. It really can get ugly, hence the reason why we see so many abductions and infanticides.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpless View Post
It's sad that you had to go through that, you or anyone for that matter! My heart goes out to you and your children! True colors always show up in divorce.

I volunteer for the first responder victim's crisis unit and see a whack load of similar situations, maybe that's why I have different view of what is "crisis" and victim as well, I've grown used to it. pre and post separation spousal abuse is nothing to turn a blind eye to. It really can get ugly, hence the reason why we see so many abductions and infanticides.
What's really sad is those who are hesitant to leave such situations - and there are plenty of valid reasons to be afraid. That's why I feel it's important to try to help if I can and to thank you for your volunteer work ...
With patience and support a better/peaceful life is the result.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:08 PM

mcdreamy is on a distinguished road

Janibel did you see this campaign out of Vancouver Please Help Me by Selina Morrison - Google it I don't think I can link on tapatalk. I'm stuck in a ski lodge watching news and this came up - in relation to a new study be ctv news -advising most incidents not reported and with those that are, they feel completely unsupported by police srvices -- no surprise there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-23-2015, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdreamy View Post
Janibel did you see this campaign out of Vancouver Please Help Me by Selina Morrison - Google it I don't think I can link on tapatalk. I'm stuck in a ski lodge watching news and this came up - in relation to a new study be ctv news -advising most incidents not reported and with those that are, they feel completely unsupported by police srvices -- no surprise there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think I found it mcdreamy here it is:

'Please Help Me': B.C. woman uses social media to shame alleged abuser | CTV News

An Okanagan woman's Facebook post about alleged domestic abuse has gone viral.

Good for her! She may inspire others to seek help!
Old 05-08-2015, 08:56 PM

While doing a bit of spring cleaning ... I thought I should bump this thread
Old 05-09-2015, 01:58 AM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

Thanks J :-)