Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Domestic Violence

Domestic Violence Dealing with abuse and violence. Getting support and help.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2011, 11:52 AM

Heart-broken dad is on a distinguished road
Default Along the lines of "statute of limitation"...

My ex seems to have always been able to get away with her past behaviour, no matter how bad it was, simply because she can afford a lawyer and I can't. As an example, she has admitted, in court documents, to physically assaulting me, holding me against my will, and drug posession. I'm remarried, and have tried to ove on with my life the best I can. However, she hasn't let me see our daughters in over 18 months.

Not that I want to get revenge but, justice would be nice. How long do you normally have to report this type of behaviour to police?
Old 09-28-2011, 12:10 PM

Mess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the rough

You don't go to the police, they won't do anything. If she has moved with the child you could report it as an abduction.

You go to court and file an application; if you already have a court order you could file a motion order seeking her to be found in contempt. You have cause to seek custody transfered to you since the mother has proven herself to be unco-operative. You have to prove it though, including records of attempts to see your children and her denying you.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:26 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart-broken dad View Post
Not that I want to get revenge but, justice would be nice. How long do you normally have to report this type of behaviour to police?
Unfortunately, there is no justice in the Family Law system. Many parents go to the family law system looking for justice but, never find it and only find a bill at the end of the whole ordeal from their lawyer.

Document the failure to comply with the existing order/agreement in detail and when you have enough evidence you may get some relief from the system but, the system rarely (in family law) deals out any justice.

Good Luck!
Tayken
Old 10-13-2011, 06:51 AM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

are you looking for justice for the drugs and shit she did against you?