Ottawa Divorce .com Forums


User CP

New posts

Advertising

  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Domestic Violence

Domestic Violence Dealing with abuse and violence. Getting support and help.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-25-2013, 12:18 AM
Janibel's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Way up North
Posts: 1,497
Janibel will become famous soon enough
Default 1 in 3 worldwide

End Violence against Women - UN International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women | UN Women - Headquarters.

No you are not alone ...
I don't have the statistics for our male counterparts, feel free to add info.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-26-2014, 11:37 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 21
health is on a distinguished road
Default

Rwanda

Violence against women is a fact in the world. Domestic violence nowadays is another story.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2014, 12:47 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 498
sahibjee is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janibel View Post
End Violence against Women - UN International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women | UN Women - Headquarters.

No you are not alone ...
I don't have the statistics for our male counterparts, feel free to add info.
i am sorry to tell you that this is just some more feminist propaganda - no ACTUAL evidence whatsoever - click on the links and go all the way in depth to find out that these "statistics" are simply women saying "i was abused" - no information about convictions. we all know very well that as soon as the woman complains "i was hit" the police writes her as "victim" even if she is actually not a victim in reality, that kind of unscientific data is not even worth the paper its printed on.
and dont get me wrong, i am not saying that there is no violence against women, all i am saying is that these statistics have no scientific evidence backing them.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2014, 06:29 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kitchener Ontario
Posts: 5,202
standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road
Default

so unless there is a conviction, there is no abuse?
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2014, 07:51 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 498
sahibjee is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
so unless there is a conviction, there is no abuse?
kindly read my post in its entirety
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2014, 09:03 AM
arabian's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Western Canada
Posts: 9,846
arabian will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahibjee View Post
i am sorry to tell you that this is just some more feminist propaganda - no ACTUAL evidence whatsoever - click on the links and go all the way in depth to find out that these "statistics" are simply women saying "i was abused" - no information about convictions. we all know very well that as soon as the woman complains "i was hit" the police writes her as "victim" even if she is actually not a victim in reality, that kind of unscientific data is not even worth the paper its printed on.
and dont get me wrong, i am not saying that there is no violence against women, all i am saying is that these statistics have no scientific evidence backing them.
Propaganda? Tell that to the multitude of women who have suffered genital mutilation. Tell that to women who are treated no better than dogs because their husbands feel they own their wives.

The UN "surveys" certainly, in my mind, validate the need for global education and resources for this pandemic.

If you take the time to "click on the clicks and go all the way in depth..." and READ the information, you will see that men are supportive of the UN initiatives.

There is a global problem. Sticking one's head in the sand and pretending it doesn't exist only perpetrates the atrocities. Pray that your children never suffer at the hands of an abuser.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2014, 11:34 AM
Hand of Justice
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: In the Shadows
Posts: 3,139
Links17 is on a distinguished road
Default

Some interesting reading I did explain how surveys were done I think on college campuses for sexual abuse.

Basically the original surveys were:
-Have you been raped
-Have you been sexually assaulted
To which the vast majority answered now.

Then they tweaked the surveys:
-Would you have consented to the sexual acts you did will drunk if you were sober

At which point the answers changed.

You can research it, there are different viewpoints and I can't find the specific article that was the most enlightening.

Not sure who to believe at this point.
___________

Keep in mind that non-profit organizations and their directors/employees have a vested interest in inflating these numbers to keep government funds flowing.

____________

Got to also ask myself that if women entering university had a 25% chance of being raped, would you go to a university like that or at least the places where they get raped (i.e: parties or w/e). Kind of strange...

Not saying they shouldnt have the right to go to a party half naked, get drunk, flirt with a guy and then not give "enthusiastic consent" and then say they got raped but it just all seems counter-intuitive.

Last edited by Links17; 03-05-2014 at 11:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2014, 01:00 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,151
MS Mom is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Links17 View Post
Some interesting reading I did explain how surveys were done I think on college campuses for sexual abuse.

Basically the original surveys were:
-Have you been raped
-Have you been sexually assaulted
To which the vast majority answered now.

Then they tweaked the surveys:
-Would you have consented to the sexual acts you did will drunk if you were sober

At which point the answers changed.

You can research it, there are different viewpoints and I can't find the specific article that was the most enlightening.

Not sure who to believe at this point.
___________

Keep in mind that non-profit organizations and their directors/employees have a vested interest in inflating these numbers to keep government funds flowing.

____________

Got to also ask myself that if women entering university had a 25% chance of being raped, would you go to a university like that or at least the places where they get raped (i.e: parties or w/e). Kind of strange...

Not saying they shouldnt have the right to go to a party half naked, get drunk, flirt with a guy and then not give "enthusiastic consent" and then say they got raped but it just all seems counter-intuitive.
I haven't read the article - but Links, you are focusing on one small part of the population that is sexually abused in that manner (the drunken, no consent manner). When I think of violence against women and rape - the victims you focus on aren't the ones that even pop into my head.

The vast majority of rape and violence against women is actually unreported by the victim for many reasons. The way that society has chosen to handle those that have reported in the past directly influences the way the next victim chooses to handle it.

As for conviction statistics....they're more demonstrative of poor police work, bad crown attorneys and over-paid defense teams. OJ proved to everyone that you don't have to be found guilty to be guilty.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:31 PM.