Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law > Common Law Issues

Common Law Issues The law regarding common law relationships is different than in cases of divorce. Discuss the issues that affect unmarried couples here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2016, 09:08 AM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough
Default Posting Pictures

Good morning everyone,

I am asking this question for a family member.

Recent separation of just a couple months. Both parents in separate residences and have a 2-2-3 parenting arrangement. It has come to the attention of one of the parents that the other parent has a Tinder account which has a picture of that parent and the two young children (both under 6).

I am certain there is nothing legally that can be done about this because that parent can do as they see fit but the parent who doesn't have the account is concerned given what this tinder app is all about.

Should the concerned parent say anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-14-2016, 09:15 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Tinder is a dating app. While its really not appropriate because posting kids pics on the internet isnt a really good idea, its not really a battle to fight especially if it will be a battle. The only concern I would have is someone looking for a person with young kids to prey on. However that may not happen if the person in question has no plans to introduce their kids to their dates until its serious.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
Tinder is a dating app. While its really not appropriate because posting kids pics on the internet isnt a really good idea, its not really a battle to fight especially if it will be a battle. The only concern I would have is someone looking for a person with young kids to prey on. However that may not happen if the person in question has no plans to introduce their kids to their dates until its serious.
I wish it were that way, but the kids are introduced right away and these "friends" spend the night. I figured there was nothing legally that could be done, just a poor parenting choice.
Old 11-14-2016, 11:08 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

There might be a way to report it to tinder. Not sure though, never used the app.
Old 11-14-2016, 02:09 PM

Janus will become famous soon enough

I agree, it is kinda creepy that adults might be having sex. Getting divorced is like entering the priesthood.

Just kidding, priests still get to have sex.
Old 11-14-2016, 02:44 PM

Janus, its not about having sex... the parent can have sex all they want, it was more about a 1.5 year olds picture being on a dating site and these "friends" being introduced and having sleepovers. Just poor parenting is all.
Old 11-14-2016, 03:40 PM

hopefull is on a distinguished road

Point in case

Prominent pastor performed sex act on teen in 1970s, trial told | CTV Atlantic News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
I agree, it is kinda creepy that adults might be having sex. Getting divorced is like entering the priesthood.

Just kidding, priests still get to have sex.
Old 11-14-2016, 09:56 PM

ele110 is on a distinguished road

Tasteless behaviour for sure. I am on the conservative side, sleepover happen only when kids are not here. Which means few sleepovers. We make it up during vacations. :-)
Old 11-15-2016, 10:15 AM

Janus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berner_Faith View Post
Janus, its not about having sex... the parent can have sex all they want, it was more about a 1.5 year olds picture being on a dating site and these "friends" being introduced and having sleepovers. Just poor parenting is all.
Two issues:

1. Kid photos on tinder
  2. "Friends" being brought to the house while kids are there.
There is nothing wrong with the first. I often post photos of my kids, even when I was active on dating sites. Some women are attracted to fathers, others are turned off by fathers. If they come to my house they will see kid stuff everywhere, better that they know in advance.

The second is obviously wrong. Anyone with 50% shared custody has more than enough time to meet "friends" on his or her no-kid days. And those with more than 50% should be giving more time to the NCP so I don't feel for them either.