Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law > Common Law Issues

Common Law Issues The law regarding common law relationships is different than in cases of divorce. Discuss the issues that affect unmarried couples here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2016, 04:40 PM

Janus will become famous soon enough

I have some good news Dal. Your ex actually made a horrible mistake. She had the kids, and she was effectively denying you access. You are overwhelmed and would have let her take the kids. In a month or so she would have established a status quo and that would be it, you would have irretrievably lost.

Now however, you have been served which has driven you to this forum. Ask a lot of questions, learn what you can do. Three weeks is not a huge amount of time, status quo has not been set, you can still fight this.

If she had just let things slide a bit longer she would have won by default. Now you might have a fighting chance.