Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law > Common Law Issues

Common Law Issues The law regarding common law relationships is different than in cases of divorce. Discuss the issues that affect unmarried couples here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2016, 06:17 PM

lauriecrosby1 is on a distinguished road

I'll repost it and leave out the relationship stuff before. I'll repost only the facts relevant to the case

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Old 03-06-2016, 06:24 PM

SadAndTired is on a distinguished road

Who cares what she drives and how she spends her money?

Divorce is a long hard road. You would be best to stay out of it and support your own kids instead of looking to new "spouse" to support YOUR children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauriecrosby1 View Post
He cannot take care of our family fully as he has to pay so much to take care of her.
What are you doing to support your family fully?? How are your kids HIS problem??

His responsibility is to his child, not yours. If he cannot afford to live with you, ask him to move out and get his shit together.

And perhaps, since he cannot afford his first family, you might consider birth control.

Last edited by SadAndTired; 03-06-2016 at 06:31 PM.
Old 03-06-2016, 06:28 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'll repost it and leave out the relationship stuff before. I'll repost only the facts relevant to the case

that may be a good idea..leave out all the fluff and just get down to the facts. I know I had a hard time following who was sharing whose bed.
Old 03-06-2016, 06:47 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadAndTired View Post

Divorce is a long hard road. You would be best to stay out of it and support your own kids instead of looking to new "spouse" to support YOUR children.

What are you doing to support your family fully?? How are your kids HIS problem??

His responsibility is to his child, not yours. If he cannot afford to live with you, ask him to move out and get his shit together.

And perhaps, since he cannot afford his first family, you might consider birth control.
One has to wonder why he doesn't want to see his child more often? Her post clearly states that her children take priority.
Old 03-06-2016, 06:51 PM

I think I have the story.

Laurie Crosby and Mr Crosby were married and had 3 children.

Mr X and Mrs X were together. They have one child. She was instrumental in his business as the guy doesn't even have a drivers licence. Mrs X wants compensatory support as a result.

All four somehow became friends after Mrs X and Mr Crosby met on POF. Mrs X and Mr Crosby had an affair and Laurie told Mr X.

Both couples split up.

Laurie then starts dating Mr X and they have been together three years.

Mr Crosby dated Mrs X for a while but then dumped her too.

Mr X only has supervised access but no reason for that supervision is posted here.

Laurie is frustrated because Mr X is supporting his first family while she receives nothing from Mr Crosby.

Laurie expects Mr X's money go to support Laurie instead (to support her family/kids "fully".)

Last edited by SadAndTired; 03-06-2016 at 07:27 PM.
Old 03-06-2016, 06:53 PM

Quote:

Lol I can fully support my kids thanks. My post wasn't clear before..I will just delete lol. It was taken the wrong way.

Old 03-06-2016, 06:58 PM

Old 03-06-2016, 07:27 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I think I have the story.

Laurie Crosby and Mr Crosby were married and had 3 children.

Mr X and Mrs X were together. She was instrumental in his business as the guy doesn't even have a drivers licence. Mrs X wants compensatory support as a result.

All four somehow became friends after Mrs X and Mr Crosby met on POF. Mrs X and Mr Crosby had an affair and Laurie told Mr X.

Both couples split up.

Laurie then starts dating Mr X and they have been together three years.

Mr Crosby dated Mrs X for a while but then dumped her too.

Laurie is frustrated because Mr X is supporting his first family while she receives nothing from Mr Crosby.

Laurie expects Mr X's money go to support Laurie instead (to support her family/kids "fully".)
Wonder if Mrs. X is aware that Mrs. Crosby is stalking her (knows what vehicle she drives, whether or not she occupies her house, etc.)? I see a future where Mrs. X obtains a restraining order against Mrs. Crosby. This should bring on OCL and possibly a CAS review which could result in a very long delay in having matters settled.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Lol I can fully support my kids thanks. My post wasn't clear before..I will just delete lol. It was taken the wrong way.

If you can support your own children, why are you worried that he can't support your family?

And posts cannot be deleted once posted unless they are against the terms of service (and only then by a mod/Admin).
Old 03-06-2016, 07:38 PM

We just can't enjoy our lives because ex spouse is getting so much support when she should be working and is fully capable. Child support is a no brainer but spousal support has been paid for almost 3 years of 6 year duration relationship in amount of at least 1000 per month is frustrating. Just frustrated like other people in this forum with the court system