View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 11:33 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCB View Post
My husband fought for 50/50 but the ex wife was dead set against it. He faced the choice of going to trial or settling, he chose to settle so we would not spend the next 10 years paying off his legal debt.

Funny thing about is that she never actually gave a reason for being dead set against it...just "I can't".

In the end, the 40% ended up working better for our family, work schedules, etc. For us, dealing with a high conflict ex, it made more sense to settle.
All very good reasons. Hopefully the child support calculations are reflective of the proper model for a 60-40 custody and access split (offset) and not full table amounts.

There are numerous litigants showing up today in courts still trying for the old 60-40 split thinking they are going to get full table amount child support. They don't even go in self represented... They often have counsel with them.

Is it me or did these solicitors just not bother checking the date before walking into the court room when making those kinds of requests? Last time I checked it was 2012 and offset has been the norm for a while. I guess they didn't read the memo from the courts?

Good Luck!
Tayken