View Single Post
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2006, 10:55 AM
logicalvelocity logicalvelocity is offline
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ontario
Posts: 3,944
logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity


It appears to me that the older child has withdrawn from the custodial parent which would construe to be a material change of circumstances. ie: child living with a woman etc

If the child is now living full time with grandparents and restarted school, it appears that they the grandparents should be the ones receiving child support.

It appears that the lawyer involved is somewhat using a bullying tactic
ie: " it said in the event a court application is required to resolve this issue the ex will be seeking a retroactive adjustment to child support" How can this be when the child was not living with her. The child withdrew from her control moved to the grandparents then moved in with another woman and was kicked out of school. Now the child has restarted school and is now living with the grandparents.

Child support is the right of the child.

By all means provide financial disclosure such as 2004/2005 itax final assessments or returns. Provide a copy of same to the grandparents also. Additionally, copy them in all correspondence. In any court proceeding name the grandparents as a party. Relay this intention and stance to her lawyer. Should have no problem considering the current circumstance. In addition be sure to request the mother's financial information (assessments) for the last 3 years. I believe she also has a responsibility to support the child.