View Single Post
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 04-01-2011, 01:45 PM
HammerDad HammerDad is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 3,718
HammerDad will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mess View Post
You do not have to request make-up time. You don't need her permission, she does not grant you time with your child as a favour.

You will simply keep the child extra days and assert that you having make up days. Calmly, factually, with no criticism or accusations, you simply state that you are having make up days when the child is already with you.
We both agree that two wrongs don't make a right, but if he did this, he will get crucified before she will because he is a guy and subject to family law biase.

The only way any parent can alter the parenting schedule is with the other parents agreement. He would have to state that, given her recent denial of access, it is his intention to makeup such missed time by continuing to retain custody of the child past his scheduled parent time, for a duration equal to that which was missed due to her denial of access.

But ultimately, that will set off WWXXXIVI on her end. She won't agree, will send a nice nasty gram and possibly show up at your house (hopefully you record any such instance).

Right now she is one who is being uncooperative. So long as he can prove he is acting reasonable and in the best interests of the child, he will be better off. Judges can't stand it when parents get into these tit-for-tat games and waste the courts time.

You can try to advise your ex that it is your intention to keep the child past you regular parenting time in order to makeup lost time due to her denial of access, but be prepared to have the cops show up at your door.