View Single Post
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 09-20-2010, 03:53 PM
InterprovincialParents's Avatar
InterprovincialParents InterprovincialParents is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 908
InterprovincialParents is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to InterprovincialParents

Originally Posted by billiechic View Post
Do ALL of those things! Take your court order with you when you go to take the kids out for lunch though, and stop in and see the principal to show it to him/her first.
Actually, if it has not already been done, make a copy of it for each child and meet with the principal to ensure it is placed in your children's school records...The school is mandated by law to prevent anyone from taking the kids or even discussing the kids without a court order that outlines custodial/access right.

As the children enter new schools, ensure the court order is there...if it is not, you would have to fight with the schools for any access to information. You can also meet with the teacher, and ensure s/he is aware of the current situation, as school professionals can help the children through any issues they may be having as a result of your ex's unreasonableness.

Last edited by InterprovincialParents; 09-20-2010 at 03:56 PM.