View Single Post
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2010, 04:40 PM
Nadia Nadia is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 669
Nadia is on a distinguished road
Default Police Enforcement Clause

You need to make sure a "Police Assist" clause is included in your court order. It needs to specificaly state, "The (name of local police force), the name of provinicial police), the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and any police and/or law enforcement agencies as may have jurisdiction, are hereby authorized and directed to assist both parties in enforcing the custody and access provisions set out in this order."

Once you have this in your court order, then you can request for Police assistance in cases where access is denied. Without the Police Enforcement clause, police officers are reluctant to get involved.

In respect to past efforts to deny access, you can have her charged with contempt. But be aware that this is a quasi criminal charge and judges are reluctant to hold any party in contempt unless there are clear grounds or a pattern of repeated behavior.