View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 06:01 PM

LostFather is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by EqualParent View Post
This somewhat saddens me that this particular thread, regarding Bill C-422, has received little attention here online. This Bill represent a potential for great change and bring restore the concept of "equality" in the eyes of the law.

It's depressing to here stories about good parents wanting to be part of their children's lives but are finding no justice in a system that is suppose to treat them equally. What's even more depressing to see the lack of support from many of these dads to work towards making change in our democratic system. If you don't like the rules that you've been force to play with, than work towards changing the rules...

Support Bill C-422 by writing to your MP and encouraging your friends/family to do the same.
Sorry I'm late to get on the train, but I'm here now, and contacting Rob Nicholson as I write this, what else needs to be done? Maybe a march on the Hill. Where is the best place to keep updated?

Quote:
Interesting... Is that the truth behind the statistics we see with mothers receiving the majority of custody awards? The large percentage of them are stay-home moms? If you factor that out, are the outcomes more in favor of shared parenting? Can you point me out a resources you've seen that suggest that... I'd be really interested in seeing those numbers..
I am for any petition, but what about demonstrations, I've thought about putting a sign on myself and walking up and down the courts side walks. What about about marching on Parliament Hill to support this Bill? I would help in anyway possible from my end.

Speaking of Private members bills, what are the chances and has it gone through any readings? What stage? These things tend to die out after the second.

Quote:
Interesting... Is that the truth behind the statistics we see with mothers receiving the majority of custody awards? The large percentage of them are stay-home moms? If you factor that out, are the outcomes more in favor of shared parenting? Can you point me out a resources you've seen that suggest that... I'd be really interested in seeing those numbers..
I am for any petition, but what about demonstrations, I've thought about putting a sign on myself and walking up and down the courts side walks. What about about marching on Parliament Hill to support this Bill? I would help in anyway possible from my end.

Speaking of Private members bills, what are the chances and has it gone through any readings? What stage? These things tend to die out after the second.

Last edited by Mess; 07-28-2012 at 11:37 PM.