View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 02:12 AM

2babymamas is on a distinguished road

CAS involvement\more background

Ex has 4 kids B18, B12, G8, B3 with 4 different fathers

I am lucky baby daddy #4 B3 is mine

ex is currently engaged in litigation with baby daddy #2 #3 and myself
baby daddy #3 and myself have the same lawyer

Mom was leaving the youngest 3 in the the care of the 18 y\o while working afternoon shifts, she was also leaving the youngest 2 in the care of B12 when B18 was not around.

The 3 of us voiced our concerns to CAS when we became aware that B18 was being investigated for sexual assault on a minor... CAS was well aware of the investigation and had an open file on B18... CAS did investigate mom. and we all received a letter about a 2 weeks later detailing CAS's safety plan for the children : B12 was not to be left in a care taking role in any way, and B18 was not to be left alone with any of the kids period

At this time mom decided to deny BD #2 and myself access(BD #3 is custodial parent but no court order) I went 56 days with out seeing my son. During this time I learned from a mutual friend that mom called legal aid and said that I was abusive to her and verbally abusive to our son.

i started calling lawyers at this point while the other 2 opted to file for emergency custody both self repping... BD #3 retained counsel before the motion and was successful while BD #2 got reamed out by the judge and was also ordered to pay costs for the motion.

B18 was arrested and faces charges as a Y\O and as an adult. (i wont list the charges here as im not sure its appropriate) but because of the Y\O charges CAS has not closed their file on mom as she was responsible for him at the time.

flash forward to today Ex has legal aid to fight me in court but could not obtain a certificate to fight the other 2 so her mother is paying her legal fees.
ex claims all 3 of us were abusive and has been trying to play the victim in court with out much success (no police report, CAS involvement with any of us baby daddies)

my lawyer tells me i have 7 days to file an appeal, my reasons for doing so would be : the terms we agreed to in mediation were contingent on each other Ex agreed to joint custody if i agreed to ease into the access, no over nights on my weekends unti CC in feb. as S3 has never been to my house, (Trying to be reasonable i gave a little to get a lot)... Judge set aside agreed upon joint custody in favor of sole custody for mom because "we cant communicate" but did not set aside access for me even though ex had originally asked for supervised access.

Im now left to spend the $ to appeal or spend the $ to fight the status quo come February...

I am prepared with a list of questions as i need to decide by tomorrow when I speak with my lawyer

but as of right now i have no clue what to do