View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 03:07 PM

billiechic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
If CAS doesn't have protection concerns, why would the court have protection concerns? He will surely point to the non-involvement of CAS as evidence that this isn't an emergency. Even if you get an ex parte order, it will have a rapid return date, and you need to explain why CAS is not involved.

Not saying you don't have a real concern, just giving my outsider look.

Yuck.

Perhaps it is time to provide her with a cellphone. Maybe grab a pay-as-you-go phone for this weekend?

She won't be totally out of contact until Wednesday. She will be in school come Monday which can provide telephone access in case things are really bad.

Her telling you that she is scared must be terrifying as a parent, but unless she approaches other adults, nothing is going to come of it. It is always possible that she is telling you what she thinks you want to hear. Kids do that sometimes. How can a court differentiate between reality and storytelling, especially when the only evidence is hearsay?
I agree that from the outside there is nothing substantial to act on. The child has been punished many times in the past (even last week) when dad finds out she talked and shared negative acts at his house. So to avoid being punished she has said "everything is fine" for 2 years.
CAS is well aware that this is the case, and until she tells someone other than mom, nothing will be done. She is still too scared to talk.
Do i believe her ...yes. 1000%. There is no way a kid with no knowledge of how I was treated in the past could come home and describe the exact same treatment from the same person. Exact same, just to a lesser extent. No physical violence. But constant mental and emotional abuse.

I will look into a pay as you go option tonight. I am concerned he will take it away but I think his lawyer will be instructing him to allow it now. I suggested it a month ago in an offer but was not accepted.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk