View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 10:36 PM

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by excel View Post
so i just got off the phone with a free lawyer supplied thru work and she tells me that it doesn't matter anyways because the CRA only started to recognize that both parents might be able to claim the eligible dependant starting last year ?

she says even if i was able to go to court and get the original agreement changed to say that we both paid each other rather than offset , i could not get it to be retro back to 2013 because the tax law didnt exist back then.

can this be true or did i basically get what i didnt pay for ?
CRA can go back to collect money rightfully owed to you. I think there is a time limitation on it.

Both parents could claim it before last year, something changed last year,I think it was

Quote:
The new Canada Child Benefit program replaced both the Universal Child Care Benefit (UCCB) and the Canada Child Tax Benefit (CCTB) programs, effective July 1, 2016.
Are you sure the lawyer you spoke to wasn't biased against moms ? It was a she wasn't it? I had a female lawyer before and .. man.. just please don't get me started on female lawyers representing dads.. the ones I have ran into anyways. They like to relate to your ex in the sense that they are a mom themselves... (puke)