View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 04:03 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Martins View Post
You do realize that suggesting proposes to law is hypothetical?
Why deal in a hypothetical world when we live in the real world. You have an actual matter to attend to. These hypotheticals are a waste of time for you and the child in that matter. Furthermore, they serve no purpose as you are dealing with a real-world problem and not a hypothetical one.

Quote:
It's like suggesting universal income. It has nothing to do with the laws as they exist and is purely a philosophical debate.
Philosophy is best left to a form not called "OttawaDivorce.com" and to OttawaHypotheticalDivorce.com in my humble opinion.

Quote:
As always you have great insight but don't confuse my personal case with a philosophical debate.
That is the advice I am giving to you. If you allow the hypothetical to cloud your mind it will eventually cloud your arguments in your very REAL and non-hypothetical situation!

Quote:
This isnt something I would argue at trial. This is something that I enjoy discussing theoretically.
I am doubtful that you can seperate the two. 99.324584738457% of unrepresented litigants cannot do this. The only person I have ever met that can do this is WorkingDad.

Quote:
I appreciate the case law and background!
But, do you understand the system of jurisprudence and how it works in Canada?

Quote:
As far as child support I do see it as a motive, especially if there is a huge income disparity.. Also there are financial motives such as child benefits .. especially for low income homes.
Note the names of these things are:

Child Support
Child Benefits

They are not:

Parent Support
Parent Benefits

You need to separate the two. If you see how it all supports the child then you will accept it as something that is good. Until then... you will wax poetic (hypothetical arguments) about why the legal system is unjust.

Good Luck!
Tayken