View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 05:25 PM

ensorcelled has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Yes, you did (not sure if you see mothers as women but I do)

Quote:
Disgruntled mothers like you are what' wrong with the system.
Quote:
My mother, grandma, aunt .. all women in my life had children then returned to the workforce.

We're not 1940 .. relax. Also, I never said women were a problem. You're twisting.
Awesome. Did they make the same amount as the men in their lives? Did they have benefits, pensions, flexible work hours, career trajectories and all the nice things that come when you've been at the workforce for a long stretch and can command these things? My mother also worked but with a special needs child and a husband on shift work her career options were very limited. If they had split up she would have been even more screwed.

Not everyone lives in Ottawa where government jobs and benefits are aplenty. And women, even working women, fare worse off in divorce https://www.theatlantic.com/business...ce-gap/480333/

If you're not advocating for equality from the start (as in, when the kids are babies), then your arguments are moot. All of them. Unless there are structural options in place (e.g. affordable, quality daycare starting at 12 months) and you can show me that you've pressed for them, then you really don't stand behind any form of equality. You can wax poetic about how you stayed up until 3am plotting to get your daughter but for the rest of 'us', this is represents only a small slice of the problem.