View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 09:36 AM

Kimmanny is on a distinguished road
Default Advice on CS for adult children

So, my daughter graduated high school at 19. When she was done her mom agreed to sign a withdrawal form with FRO. It was submitted and effective October 2016. I agreed I would pay half of my daughter's expenses even though she was not in school anymore to help her out. I didn't know what plans my daughter had for post secondary education or if she was planning to even go to college. I text my daughter one day to see how she was doing and she said she just started college that day. She told me she had applied for osap and was approved. I had no idea of any of this. Then about a week later I got mail from my ex saying she wanted full guidline child support while she was in school. My daughter is taking a 1 year program that goes from May 2017 to January 2018 only. I made an offer to pay half of my daughter's 6000 loan because I didn't have the opportunity to offer education expenses and give my ex 100 per month. My ex is not contributing to her education at all. My daughter also makes 500 minimum per month from her job. My ex declined the offer because she wants more money for herself instead of going to my daughter's education. Anyone have thoughts about this and if they think the offer is fair?