View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 11:09 PM

Whoknew is on a distinguished road

Denbigh, I don't think you're being harsh at all. Everything being replied are contributing to the thinking process so thank you.

If you feel what I'm replying is a far stretch and needs more thought, please say so. This new to me but with that being said, our kids are worth the sacrifice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denbigh View Post
u ever actually tried to parent a 2 and 4 year old while you were working? I took a few courses on line when my children were little. It is impossible. If you are getting work done, then that means you are not actually parenting your children, they are amusing themselves in play, and at 2 and 4 expect that to last about 10 minutes before you are interrupted. Or they are stuck in front of a screen. If you are parenting your children, you aren't actually getting any work done. It is one thing to need to do this on a rare occasion, like your child is sick at home, or if your kids are considerably older, but to expect this to be successful with little kids on a routine twice/week basis, sound like wishful thinking or you are planning to use a screen as a babysitter. I am not trying to be harsh, but realistically this is unlikely to be successful.
I have in spurts, not often and not long. Though the majority of my time spent is fielding infrequent texts/calls/emails. Most of what comes up would be solved on the spot or a re-direct to an employee in our office to resolve. As mentioned above, fully supportive family business, currently courting a new hire to assist as well. If I had to setup a meeting, it would not be for the same day and my clients would understand why.

Our oldest is in school, and our youngest naps for 1-1/2 to 2 hours daily. I would make excellent use of that time. Everything that happened from pickup to her nap time would be well taken care when she naps. And then plan to not take on anything further after she wakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denbigh View Post
I too, think it is unrealistic to think that your STBX would agree to never have a weekend with the children from October to December. That is a long time to go without 1 weekend. What if STBX want to visit family or go to an all day event? You cant do that when child is in school. Although you could argue, it is just preschool anyways, so could take child out for 1-2 days isnt that big of deal.
I agree and will be changing that too, going to canlii now to read up on solutions.