View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 10:46 PM

Whoknew is on a distinguished road

Thank you Arabian, great points and questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
- Reconsider both picking up and dropping off. I believe the person who has the access time picks up the kids.
I wanted to suggest this for the purpose of least path of resistance.

Quote:
- perhaps be quite specific in exactly what it is that you have done with your work to make your plan feasible. Is your plan realistic with your work responsibilities? One might ask why you weren't able/willing to do this beforehand (expect to hear from your ex about this)?
It's a family business, close family business who will support me in achieving this. We are also courting a new hire to assist in lightening my load. I wasn't doing this before because that was our life. But this is not the case anymore. With change in one area brings change in others.

Quote:
- plans to 'someday' move to children's school area are vague unless you have a down payment/proof of a new place....you could change your mind.
Can I debate that the sale of the matrimonial home would allow that happen or it still doesn't hold weight?

Quote:
LF32 has some good advice (as do others of course).
He does! I enjoy his posts.

Quote:
Your plan included your ex staying home with children until they were both in school. What plans were discussed about your ex returning to work? How easy is this going to be? Does she need upgrading? With an eye to your plan will this get your ex back into the workforce earlier? How does she feel about this?
We discussed this before, during and after marriage. This shouldn't be hard because she was employed in a family business as well. Minor upgrading would be needed in terms of learning the new products. It would definitely get her back into work earlier. She's in her early 30's and able and would think, reasonably, there's reason she could and should.