View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 05:10 PM

Whoknew is on a distinguished road

Would like opinions on what we have been doing and my plan for gradual transition to 2-2-3:

Reminder: We have one child (4, starting JK on Tuesday) and one child (2)

Beginning June 23, 2017
Tuesday and Thursday 4pm until 8pm
Saturdays 9am until 2pm

Beginning August 1, 2017
Tuesdays and Thursdays switched to Monday and Wednesdays to accommodate my Father's Parenting Class

Beginning August 19, 2017
Mondays and Wednesdays from 4pm to 7pm (7:30pm until start of school)
Saturdays from 9am to 7:30pm

NEXT: September 16, 2017
Mondays and Wednesdays from 12pm to 7pm
Saturdays from 9am to Sunday 7pm

NEXT: October 14, 2017
Fridays from after school to Sunday at 7pm

NEXT: November 11, 2017
Fridays from after school to Monday 9am

NEXT: December 9, 2017 Full implementation of 2-2-3 until second child begins school in 2019 at which time a switch to 2-2-5-5 happens

Once our youngest turns six, I would like for week about.

My reasoning:

All necessary adjustments to my work schedule will be made to accommodate this. I would work from home on my parenting days. STBX to have first right of refusal of caregiving if my absence from home would be more than three hours on my parenting days

My sister who has a flexible work schedule would accommodate any arrangement under three hours even in short notice. My sister-in-law who is a stay at home mom would be a second alternative if sister is not available.

I would make all the pick-ups and drop offs.

Pickup of both kids before school would alleviate STBX of having to get both ready while also having to bring child to school. In this scenario, her focus would be on getting them ready.

Dropping child off at school and then bringing other to STBX's home would allow for a less rushed morning for them, including STBX. I am always up early anyway.

It is my intention to move within school zone to reduce driving time for our children

Our children would not be without either of us for more than three days.

Weekends with them would allow for better bonding and plannable experiences.

Same weekday parenting days make the routine easier to remember and follow.

Same weekday parenting days make for better planning of extra-curricular activities which I plan on having both be enrolled into whatever suits their interests.

Daily and nightly routines to be followed identically and as per their history futher promiting stability, constancy and routine.

Looking forward to hearing opinions. I am working on holiday schedule now, currently reading through some cases on canlii for suggestions.

Thanks again to you all!