View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 10:02 AM

1ati2de is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
It certainly should not be the taxpayer's responsibility....
So then please explain how this is either partnerís responsibility to ďpayĒ for the person to live? In most cases both parties individually have made more money in the duration, financially they have grown with investments and other means together. So why would the one partner who usually started with a higher income on the hook to pay the other partner? I guarantee when most people meet no one is pulling someone off the street, taking them off welfare in order to live together. Both parties were living separate lives before without help now one person has to subsidise ones income?

Only in family law can this take place, the one with the higher income is always on the hook to pay for the other person for whatever reason and to boot with a timeframe with or without children. I would like to hear this and the government needs to stay out of peopleís lives as majority of the cases its hatred and greed. I personally have settled and donít pay, Iím not bitter about it but the system needs to be looked at as it is a joke.